The Formula 1 2009 Thread

Absolutely superb race today and a brilliant drive from Jenson. Well done.

Bernie'll be upset it doesn't go down to the final race. Let's see what happens after the post-race scrutineering etc to the "provisional" classification - hopefully nothing.

Go Button! When will the enquiry be that drops him 10 places??!!

It doesn't help. Even assuming the cynicism is warranted - they could disqualify Button, but he'd still be world champion anyway. They cannot boost Barichello's, or Vettel's, finishing position; there is no provision in the rules to do so, only to dock places from someone who has (been deemed to have) broken rules.

Brilliant race, I don't know why every circuit isn't modelled on Interlagos.

I completely missed the bit where Hamilton was supposed to have touched Barrichello and caused his puncture, was it shown?

And Barrichello claimed in his interview that he had been the driver of the second half of the championship, so being very dull, I looked into it. And with 8 of 9 races in the second half gone, the most successful driver is in fact Hamilton with 40 from Raikkonen with 38, a way clear of Barrichello with 28 and Vettel with 27. Button has got 21.

I completely missed the bit where Hamilton was supposed to have touched Barrichello and caused his puncture, was it shown?

It's believed to have occurred when Hamilton overtook Rubens on the inside, which I did see. Initially it looked like there was minor contact, then looking at the replay it looked like there wasn't; but since there was damage, obviously there must have been. I'm not sure which, if either, driver would be "to blame" for the incident; neither one palpably swerved into the other, as I recall.

It has, not surprisingly, led to conspiracy theories - Lewis helping out his fellow Brit by sabotaging Barrichello's race, and other such nonsense.

I spotted it but after seeing the replays, thought there was nothing.

When he overtook him on the start/finish straight I thought I saw some debris fly up into the air. The commentators didn't mention it though and I couldn't see it in the different camera angles from the replays but there must have been something as Hamiltons front wing broke.

Respected journalist and former commentator James Allen is publishing an annual F1 review book, starting with 2009.

You can order it here:

http://tinyurl.com/ylzalfe

Yeah great move! BCC F1 team rocks! No adds really good knowlege form eddy & david too! Can wait for the next round!!

So all over for another year. If next year is half as good, i'll be happy