I see the RSPCA are appealing through tv adverts. I think anything to help animals is a cause i would support. Im not sure how long the ads have been and are going to run for. Im sick of hearing about the economic situation as im sure many of you are but it has led to kennels being full,animals being ditched and neglected.i think its devastatingly sad. Just seeing what others think of the ads on TV??

Haven't seen the ads but anything/anyone that ultimately heklps animals is good in my book!

I am sure there are local rescue company's that would benefit more from the monthley payment and they also would be on your door step so you can see you money going to a good cause. I have had a few bad dealings with the RSPCA and i have given money to them on a few occasions before the occasions when they refused to come out to animals in distress. I now give my monthly cash to a local rescue company which are very helpfull and work along side with the council and police.

I am sure there are local rescue company's that would benefit more from the monthley payment and they also would be on your door step so you can see you money going to a good cause. I have had a few bad dealings with the RSPCA and i have given money to them on a few occasions before the occasions when they refused to come out to animals in distress. I now give my monthly cash to a local rescue company which are very helpfull and work along side with the council and police.

Bold.

I didnt think they could refuse??

the best way to donate to the rspca is direct to the local kennels as otherwise the cash is swallowed up in the whole organisation and as happened when they needed the new kennels in sheffield they relied on donations sent direct to themselves i think it was the monty appeal

rspca slight bone to pick with um yeah can see their need for donations but i have been searching for the right rescue dog for 3 months(now got one)and they said before getting to see the dogs have u got kids/garden/gate/;'etc etc everything ok until i said no to gate straight away no no no.Now there is a gate coming this weekend and for last 27yrs there has been a dog in whichever household ive been in.yes they have rules and they dont want it running in the road but alittle carfullness and i could have given a friends adress so thanks but no thanks i shall go elsewhere

oh to summarise your not robots use alittle common sense as the people at another sanctuary used

the best way to donate to the rspca is direct to the local kennels as otherwise the cash is swallowed up in the whole organisation and as happened when they needed the new kennels in sheffield they relied on donations sent direct to themselves i think it was the monty appeal

This is true, we need to donate to our own branch so that they can deal with this city's needs and target specific areas needing help, the RSPCA in south Yorkshire are for instance providing free (or donations) microchipping for pets in different areas, which is a very worthwhile scheme and worthy of our donations.

There are though many different smaller rescues that are the un-sung hero's in the animal rescue world, they are right there in the front line taking the dogs from the city pounds that the RSPCA do not normally take...they are very worthy of our help too and don't get the funding that the RSPCA get.