The Apprentice 2009 thread

Deborah showed probably the worst case of time management I have ever seen,how long would it have taken to get the graphic designer to put a couple of photos on that leaflet 5 mins?

That was a major mistake imo can you imagine what would happen if you had to present a leaflet to a customer and a third of it was blank!

cant believe how lightly she got off with that,I think she should have gone for that

It was ridiculous how Deborah tried to cover her back by coming out with the pathetic excuse of 'we left it blank to give local businesses space for ads'.

The time management was indeed poor, and she was responsible for this, however it would have done her better to be honest about it and admit that the leaflet was not finished; instead she tried to absolve all responsibility and dug herself a hole when the panel said they were unhappy with being lied to!

Tomorrow's instalment looks promising judging from the 'trailer'.

I know people have been saying it has got progressively worse every year, but this year for me is the first when I am trying to consistently keep up with the show and it has been enjoyable so far.

I know people have been saying it has got progressively worse every year, but this year for me is the first when I am trying to consistently keep up with the show and it has been enjoyable so far.

I think this year hasn't been as good as previous years.

I think this has partly been due to the fairly uninteresting tasks that they have had to do so far, like cleaning cars etc.

As for last week's task.....well to me it was pretty boring to watch, and lacked the compulsive viewing that a normal simple sales task usually attracts.

I also think that there personalities don't seem to be as strong this year, and there are no stand out candidates like Ruth Badger to follow.

Philip, Deborah and Ben have also been very irritating to watch.

I still watch The Apprentice and You're Fired though as they remain some of the better programs on TV to watch.

Well that was a surprise wasn't it boys and girls. I for one am over the moon!

I think the only surprise is that Sir Alan didn't do a double firing (as he's done in the past) and got rid of Deb too. But I guess having one less candidate overall this year thanks to the coward who dropped out leaves it lacking in numbers to fill the series quota.

Didn't Deb have a go at Nick Hewer? Surely disrespecting one of Sir Alan's trusted colleagues should have been an instant firing?

Didn't Deb have a go at Nick Hewer? Surely disrespecting one of Sir Alan's trusted colleagues should have been an instant firing?

Yes you would have thought that would have been a "straight red" but it seems that the producers are presenting characters rather than candidates in this series. She can't last much longer

I also think that there personalities don't seem to be as strong this year, and there are no stand out candidates like Ruth Badger to follow.

I think the standard of candidate has gone down generally since the black guy ?Tim? won it a couple of years ago. You could imagine doing business with him.

This lot would otherwise be down the market selling hoover bags or whatever...

What gets me is that these people apparently are very high up in their chosen industry or own their own successful business yet they can't get basic business decisions right. Is this really the brightest the country has to offer?

I'm with you sharpend, wasn't Tim a ticket inspector for the London Underground? It's people like him that the apprentice should be for, giving a chance for someone with a great business brain who might not otherwise get a chance. Not some stuck up retard who happens to have lived out of mummy and daddy's pockets all their life.

Bottom line is its tv and good tv at that.

I think its more about entertainment than anything else.

I actually think James might win. Alan seems to have a real grudging soft spot for him. Plus he's clearly the best humoured and most down to earth.

Though having said that, Kate is pretty level headed. Not sure she has enough of a personality to have registered though.