Sign in to follow this  

Should the government have abolished Dole for Job Seekers Allowance?

Should the government have abolished the dole for the Jobseekers Allowance?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the government have abolished the dole for the Jobseekers Allowance?

• No
    • Yes
    • They did what!
    • Hang on and I'll ask my butler.

Ever thought of teaching? You can do a C&G teaching diploma while training in a school and get abour £14000PA for doing it

Would you not be interested in looking further afield? I was looking around Sheff for a bit to no avail, but then have found myself a position in Leeds which seems to be fairly booming at the mo.

I'm also an IT bod by day (for my sins) and there are big companies like KPMG, Ernst & Young etc, all who have grad training programmes I believe. Leeds takes 40-50 mins to get to by train & about an hour by polluting things with wheels.

Same applies to Manchester too. Ask your newsagent for a paper called JOBS NORTH WEST. It costs £1.20 and comes out on Fridays and there are dozens of IT jobs covering Lancashire, North Wales and as far 'east' as Huddersfield.

I spent years looking for decent IT work in Sheffield and eventually moved to Manchester where they are much more plentiful.

Originally posted by E-Man Groovin

Leeds takes 40-50 mins to get to by train & about an hour by polluting things with wheels.

Try the other way round, the train takes for ever.

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

Yep, I'll go along with that. Train service between Sheffield & Leeds is dire.

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

Disagree - Virgin Train leaves Sheff @ 7:47 gets to Leeds 8:32. Normally pretty good - and u can sleep on the train!

The slow Arriva services are pants I agree (they can take upto 90 mins) but why would you want to use them when u have the Virgin trains?

When I drive, I leave my west street flat @ 8.00 and am usually lucky to get there by 9am