Anyone else in Sheffield being plaqued by house spiders ? Not just the little ones, huge big things which run like Linford Christie..

Someone told me if you kill one, you get loads more appearing for the funeral?

Its probably true :( As we're getting hundreds of them..

spiders hate the smell of cloves. if you get some clove oil from the chemist and add a few drops to some water and spray it everywhere they hate it

iv just come back from holiday and the house is full of the big buggers iv got to get spraying!

ive got an army of them,used clove oil and tea tree,they work,i try not to kill them but ,its survival of the fittest:lol:

Yes, we had one during the week then another 3 yesterday. Not half as bad as what we see back in Australia but still too big for me.

Any ideas why the onset of them??

Cheers,

MissyB

I put it down to the warmer than, dryer than normal summer. Plus an abundance of food - caused by the aforementioned weather conditions..

oh dear i hope they dont reach rotherham or ill go absolutely mad. Youve got me really worried now ill be up all night watching out for them.

Iv'e been troubled by them for 27 yrs and I hate the horrible things, so it's not the warm weather that is bringing mine, they must like living in this area!!!

Yes I have lots of them too. They are very fast at spinning webs too. No sooner have I cleared one there is another. A couple of weeks ago my son woke in the night to find one crawling across his face. Horror of horrors.

Originally posted by halevan

Iv'e been troubled by them for 27 yrs and I hate the horrible things, so it's not the warm weather that is bringing mine, they must like living in this area!!!

LOL.......Try moving to Wybourn Hal, they won't follow you there.

LOL... am afraid they will follow you to Wybourn, and to Manor, our house is full of em and so is my sister's! My niece who's 2 loves watching em! She always shouts "Dad, get me a cup!"

LOL

Chloé

Must be something about Longley. I keep getting the big ones as well, Scare my wife senseless!

Originally posted by speeder

Must be something about Longley. I keep getting the big ones as well, Scare my wife senseless!

I live in Longley to but have no problem with spiders.

Just out of interest is your username of some relevance to your lifestyle, interests or something.