Theft of wallet - Carling Academy

When I saw Motorhead at the Academy a few months back, quite a few people (including me) got their pockets picked. I would suspect that this is an organised enterprise.

You don't even need a national insurance card. They are pointless. Simply by having a national insurance card, you are giving away more information about yourself to people if you get robbed. Sowhat is the point in having one? Makes no sense.

As for the wallet. Chances are that he just dropped in accidently, someone saw it, decided to go through it. These things happen. Doesnt mean that they are targetting the club. Next time common sense should be used to make sure it doesn't happen again.

and this is why i stash all my valubles in my bra! :D

in seriousness it was prob just someone that saw the opportunity and took the chance hun :|

That explains alot....:cool:

errrrrm..

When I saw Motorhead at the Academy a few months back, quite a few people (including me) got their pockets picked. I would suspect that this is an organised enterprise.

yes i was there too, a few people outside complaining about losing stuff, honestly, at a motorhead gig, talk about head in lion's mouth. if it is a regular occurence, surely security are aware of it? Or....

You don't even need a national insurance card. They are pointless. Simply by having a national insurance card, you are giving away more information about yourself to people if you get robbed. Sowhat is the point in having one? Makes no sense.

As for the wallet. Chances are that he just dropped in accidently, someone saw it, decided to go through it. These things happen. Doesnt mean that they are targetting the club. Next time common sense should be used to make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's a shame we aren't all as clever as you!

It's a shame we aren't all as clever as you!

True. .

they never even sent me one! :(

they never even sent me one! :(

Mine doubles as a coke basher. :cool:

Just heard of someone having their mobile phone nicked that night in there. Told them to get in touch with the academy, because it seems they may have a problem with pickpockets.

After losing my wallet on a night out many years ago (actually losing it, as opposed to it being pinched), I've gotten into the habit of just going out with my money in my pocket, a single front door key and a debit card.

If I get robbed, it takes one call to cancel the debit card, and the thief has no idea what house the key is for - plus, it's pretty difficult to pickpocket actual notes out of someone's pocket, as opposed to a wallet in a back pocket.

It's a good habit to get into.

Was it at the enemy gig? Did he drop it at the front? I turned around and behind me on the floor was a wallet, coins, drivers license on the floor and saw a guy grab the drivers license so i thought it was his. Cant remember what he looked like or anything =\