Dear Forum.. I'm worried about my mental health

Sorry Medusa but I echo Alistairs post and submit that someone with obvious mental issues should not be at the forefront of a discussion forum whereby your decisions could lead to someone being banned because their opinion conflicts with yours, my mum had agraphobia for sodding years and I had to make up for what she could not do and that does not end at going outside.. Agraphobia leads to a whole host of other psychological problems that affect daily life/decisions and as such I am shocked that you are a member of admin left with the decision to allow or deny someones opinions posted on the forum...

Well ive read some things on SF, but im appauled at this post, very ignorant and narrow minded. Who the heck would know about Medusa's mental health state, if she hadnt very openly mentioned it herself, NO ONE :rant:

You cannot differentiate her capabilities as a memeber of the team from anyone elses on SF, she does a Bl**dy good job like everyone else. I wonder how many preconcieved perceptions would change if we all knew the real people behind the avatars. :rant:

*Phew too many big words for a Sat night.

relax dear its only a forum

relax dear its only a forum

and its for expressing opinion, right?

opinion i thought you were reading the riot act

I have a very strong opinion:hihi:

:hihi::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You could see a private counseller/psychotherapist. Google UKCP or BACP. They are the registered bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. As such all therapists who are members are strictly regulated. Phone many, meet a few, choose one. Good luck.

PS Personally I don't rate CBT, though I know it does work for some.

look at the root cause first and then learn how to use CBT

But the root cause is seldom obvious, is it? And it can take months, if not years, of psychotherapy to find out what it is, then even longer to work through it.

CBT works perfectly well without having to discover the root cause, and is very effective.

Well ive read some things on SF, but im appauled at this post, very ignorant and narrow minded. Who the heck would know about Medusa's mental health state, if she hadnt very openly mentioned it herself, NO ONE :rant:

You cannot differentiate her capabilities as a memeber of the team from anyone elses on SF, she does a Bl**dy good job like everyone else. I wonder how many preconcieved perceptions would change if we all knew the real people behind the avatars. :rant:

*Phew too many big words for a Sat night.

Imagine a joke, perceived to be offensive.

Why not go to a forum meet doing an activity you enjoy. This replies to this thread will allow you to pick people you'd feel comfortable with, maybe you could pm them beforehand as I'm sure someone would pick you up or what not.

totally agree with you sh68

what an ignorant fool rashpateen comes across as

and i've just realised this thread is 6 months old :blush:

:D