'Give me some money'

No bloody wonder the police are too busy to sort real crimes out, when idiots will report begging to police? what ever next, should they have a team to hunt down on dog owners not picking up the mess in parks?

other than the fact that begging is related to one or more of the following

1. substance misuse

2. anti social behaviour

3. organised crime

4. people trafficking

Or just tell her to sod off

I agree with the sentiment but it could be dangerous. these people can turn violent easily.

No bloody wonder the police are too busy to sort real crimes out, when idiots will report begging to police? what ever next, should they have a team to hunt down on dog owners not picking up the mess in parks?

Yes. This would be a good idea.

A Big issue seller was really vocal to me today at the end of chapel walk because i did not respond to him shouting homeless and needy buy big issue.... Now should i slap the scroat or report him to the police ?? I really felt as though he was going to do something though i know not what but i was fearfull for my safety... Yeah right.... :huh:

I have today heard that a family who have moved into one of the flats are going round begging, and also going through the dustbins looking for goodness knows what. It was said there were about 20 of them. I hope that is an exaggeration.

I was once stopped outside the train station by a woman asking me for the money for a train ticket to Rotherham because she had left her kids in the house and she had heard that it was on fire so needed to get back asap! I remember thinking...what? You loon! Dont leave your kids in a house and come to Sheffield! And fire or not, how were you gonna get back? I told her that i wouldn´t give her the money but would buy her a ticket and she said it didn´t matter if i was gonna be a tight b***ch!

How rude!

A Big issue seller was really vocal to me today at the end of chapel walk because i did not respond to him shouting homeless and needy buy big issue.... Now should i slap the scroat or report him to the police ?? I really felt as though he was going to do something though i know not what but i was fearfull for my safety... Yeah right.... :huh:

actually in such cases you could report them to the police under an assault. Not many people realise this but assault is actually classed as where a person would have reasonable fear for their safety, upon the point where someone lays a hand on someone the charge becomes assault and battery (sp?)

however i wouldnt really waste the polices time with this sort of thing god knows they have enough on there plates

No instead people should allowed to be scared by some dirty little gets that want everything for nothing.

I returned home from a meeting and was walking up my road when a young woman spoke to me. I couldn't hear what she was saying so she kept coming nearer till I realised she was saying 'give me money'

I don't know where she came from, she had no coat on, no bag or anything, and didn't give any reason for asking for money.

I'm afraid I was very sharp and told her I didn't have enough money for myself and certainly wasn't going to give her any.

She walked away but I'm really a bit shocked. What was she doing wandering round like that. This is a very quiet area (in terms of seeing people on the streets) so she was most unlikely to have any success.

A young bedraggled woman once asked me for money at a bus stop. When I said no, she turned on me in fury and said " Ill get you , one dark night, wont I ?" :confused:

Puts me off walking alone on these darker nights when i hear things like this...

Tell them " No " and walk away, this would be a good response if you feel intimidated, if you don't feel threatened, tell them to **** off and stop bothering you, this may deter the scrounging ***** from bothering vunerable people.

Craig.

Tell them " No " and walk away, this would be a good response if you feel intimidated, if you don't feel threatened, tell them to **** off and stop bothering you, this may deter the scrounging ***** from bothering vunerable people.

Craig.

we can say **** on here?