13-17 night at the Leadmill

My daughter is 43 so I am probably a good generation older than posters on this thread but there is no way I would have let her go clubbing at 13.

Nowadays it seems a case of the tail wagging the dog and parents now seem to bend over backwards to appease their kids.

In my experience if it feels wrong it is wrong.

Time for parents to take charge and say no sometimes.

I agree.

I think until you're ready, then it is different to see such scenes. I think I went clubbing only when I started going to university at 18, and I am glad that at least I went to decent clubs where there are less hassle, and people did at least appreciate the music, than just the pure meaty places and joints which I know some places are. I have also been to chinese nights where there would be triads nearby or collected money for such nights, but at least it taught me to be independent. You can always guarantee a fight by the guys just because someone oggled at their gf. Always a fight.

I think you should encourage her to be open with her group of mates and at least she would have back-up and things like that if anything happens. Maybe it was a natural thing for me, but even when I was at uni, I still looked out for my friends too whenever we go out. We do make sure everyone got home safely. There was a stabbing of some Taiwanese student which made a big fuss about the lack of safety in Manchester.

Though, I have to say that the Sheffield scene is a tad bit different, but each city has a very different vibe to it. I went to a club in Newmarket, and found that it was even more obscene. At least people up North appreciates the music a bit, but that particular club was such a meat joint, it was pretty surreal. My mate later told me of the few guys who just have affairs literally on their own doorsteps and go back home to their wives in the evenings.

I just remember feeling sorry for the Cambridge student who looked so out of place, and was not even sure what hit him, as he tried so nicely to start a chat with us when we got our coats.

There are no decent clubs in Newmarket or Cambridge whereby it is a tad more social, than it is a pure meat joint.

These over-protective parents need to get a grip and let their children grow up. denying them is only going to create more problems, rebellion and lying.

A 13-17 club is obviously a place specifically designed for this age group, with plenty of other people that age, and there is obviously going to be no alcohol.

Think of the benefits, and sense of freedom, independence, experience, making new friends and experiencing life away from their parents. Its the perfect place to let them experience these things without the dangers of a full blown club.

Think Leadmill need to re-think their ages caps as 13-17 is ridiculous. If they don't then one wrong event that goes off on that night could hit national news.

13 to 15 is ok.

16-17 is ok.

I completely agree with BLADESMAN-i would not allow my 14 year old son to go, although one of his schoolmates does and claims kids older than 17 are going in on these nights and he's seen kids snorting coke in the toilets! Naah- kids should be kids for as long as possible....there's plenty of partying time when they're older and wiser!!!

I completely agree with BLADESMAN-i would not allow my 14 year old son to go, although one of his schoolmates does and claims kids older than 17 are going in on these nights and he's seen kids snorting coke in the toilets! Naah- kids should be kids for as long as possible....there's plenty of partying time when they're older and wiser!!!

If this information is true, report it and shut the event down.

How many 17 year olds actually go? I would image most 17 year olds would try to go to proper club nights.

too right my boys seventeen and he goes to vibe. wouldnt be seen in underage place. I did used to worry about the older boys who hang about these places tho when my girls were teenagers and i collected them.

lol old people moaning, yet that is the forum. btter version of the sheffiled ragg, ie the star "news" paper! news being a very loose term:loopy::loopy:

too right my boys seventeen and he goes to vibe. wouldnt be seen in underage place. I did used to worry about the older boys who hang about these places tho when my girls were teenagers and i collected them.

My daughter is 16, 17 this year and goes to Vibe. I'm non too happy, worried sick but she says she wouldnt dream of going to the pop and crisp night at Plug or Leadmill. I wih I could drive then I could wait down town for her, it's a nightmare to be honest :(

Has any1 heard about trouble kicking off at vibe last nite?

My daughter is 16, 17 this year and goes to Vibe. I'm non too happy, worried sick but she says she wouldnt dream of going to the pop and crisp night at Plug or Leadmill. I wih I could drive then I could wait down town for her, it's a nightmare to be honest :(

If it’s a nightmare why do you let her do it? :confused:

Why all the fuss? They used to have teenagers' nights in our local town from the 70s onwards. I used to go when I was about 14. There'd be all sorts of tales circulating about people having fights, sneaking ale in and all sorts, but really it was just the same dancing and posing that will happen now. Kids like to make up tales about 'grown up' things happening because it makes them look 'cool', the only coke being handed round will have been the canned, fizzy variety.

Let them go out and have fun with their friends thrashing about to some loud music, and then pick them up when they're done - at least the Leady use proper bouncers :thumbsup: