Hyde park in the 70s

the newsagents was owned by the fella who later owned the one at the top of granville road, and the manor top, cant remember his name. i lived on the terrace and used go to the youth club, there was also a dance on thursdays at st johns church around 1974. (GOD I FEEL OLD NOW)

the guy who owned the papershop was (surname) taylor, that was in the 70s on the pavement shops

the guy who owned the papershop was (surname) taylor, that was in the 70s on the pavement shops

Trevor, he's still around, was talking to him last week.

the newsagents was owned by the fella who later owned the one at the top of granville road, and the manor top, cant remember his name. i lived on the terrace and used go to the youth club, there was also a dance on thursdays at st johns church around 1974. (GOD I FEEL OLD NOW)

I remember Barnards paper shop at Manor Top..? Was that the one?

No, it was Manor hardware store, just above chippy where Martin Kemps are now. His mate owned the flower shop next door.

I remember Barnards paper shop at Manor Top..? Was that the one?

I was at 24 bevis row 1979 to 81.Does the the light green painted fish n chip shop located down the slope (walk along link row,lift down to the road and pprox 100 metre away) still exsit. I left hydepark/pond street in 1981 back to my home country.

Hi does anyone know the where abouts of Julian that ran the Hyde away youth club in the seventies......

Trevor also owned the hardware shop on the pavement on park hill flats.

My mum worked for him for years in all of his shops x