Sunday's walk - 29th March - Ingbirchworth

Who minds the bad weather really, when your in great company.

What a beautiful walk that was i really enjoyed this one best one i have been on, great weather great company loved every minute.

I have to echo what GudiGobla said about this walk. It was a wonderful and is definitely one of the best ones I have done with the group.

I loved the variety of countryside, the farmland, the lakeside, the trees and the pretty villages, alongside the dramatic views of the wind turbines. It was lovely to listen to the curlews and skylarks as well. I enjoyed every step of it.

Thanks to Hippiechick3 for organising and leading the walk, cheers to Bill for the map reading and many thanks to Village Owl for the lift. :thumbsup:

Photos tomorrow.

What a lovely part of Barnsley this is. I so enjoyed this walk and will be happy to do some further walks in the area. Roll call of 19 people and one lovely dog; Gudigobla and her mum, AnneD, Mad Hatter, Alligin, Taxman, Shameless, BusyLizzie, Village Owl, Rivelin 6, Vincent Vega, Zippededodah, HC3, her mum and her mums partner, Bill, Nooka, Sherwood 1. And eclair

Thanks to the George at Upper Denby for making us welcome. We enjoyed sitting in the lovely beer garden and admiring the views.

Note to Sherwood 1 - Honestley, Black Sheep Ale is not made from black sheep.

Edited by Hippiechick3
Missed off the singer in my car on the way back

Agree with everyone else - this was a gorgeous walk but I am now totally shattered.

Thanks for taking the trouble to organise and lead it Hippiechick, thanks to Village Owl for the lift.

Note to all the walking group - before climbing a stile which is next to a fence, check first to see if the fence can be opened.

Edited by shameless
didn't make sense!

Yep that was a lovely walk. Just the right amount of hills, some lovely farmland and villages and I didnt even mind the stiles too much today! Even the drive there and back was pleasant, but maybe thats because the sun was out! :D

Thanks to HC3 for organising and leading the walk and to Bill for some good map reading too!

Was good to see everyone and have a good chat, I think i managed to talk to everyone today! :)

Did anyone else see the steam train on the way back?

What a lovely part of Barnsley this is. I so enjoyed this walk and will be happy to do some further walks in the area. Roll call of 19 people and one lovely dog; Gudigobla and her mum, AnneD, Mad Hatter, Alligin, Taxman, Shameless, BusyLizzie, Village Owl, Rivelin 6, Vincent Vega, Zippededodah, HC3, her mum and her mums partner, Bill, Nooka, Sherwood 1.

Thanks to the George at Upper Denby for making us welcome. We enjoyed sitting in the lovely beer garden and admiring the views.

Note to Sherwood 1 - Honestley, Black Sheep Ale is not made from black sheep.

what about little old me I was on the wonderful walk which I enjoyed so much I didnt want to go home, and my lovely singing in the back of your car hahaha.

OOOOOOOOO happy days oooooooooo happy days.

Thank you hippychick for the lift and thank you hippychicks mum for the tea and flapjack.

Edited by MissChatter
missed something off

After the Linacre Walk Scoobz asked me to bring the good weather with me on future walks and I've managed it so far. Not coming next week so pack your waterproofs!

And yes we did see the steam train too!

See you all soon.

<snip>

Did anyone else see the steam train on the way back?

Yes, we saw it going over the viaduct at Penistone and it passed quite close to us as we drove back. :thumbsup:

Thanks hippiechick 3 for leading us on such a great walk really enjoyed it and everyones company thanks gudigobla for my lift see you all soon

I'm sick about missing this one, bearing in mind everyone's comments and the lovely weather. Much more interesting than buying a new fridge which I had to do!

Looking forward to Taxman's photographs tomorrow.