Beware: man approaching kids at Ecclesall Junior School.

I know that there was an article in the star but not everyone reads that, shouldn't there be some better sort of warning system, such as on the news (radio or TV). This is about our childrens safety and this is the first time i've heard anything about this! People cannot be expected to rely on a chance reading in the sheffield forum for this sort of informatoin!

Choices:

1. Be grateful you did see it and take measures as you see fit.

2. Work out how to help improve the system yourself.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

This is exactly what is wrong with the police force at the moment.

The guy is trawling round outside schools, and they dont think it is serious enough yet to investigate it or stop him.

When are they going to do something then?

Probably when he actually kidnaps a kid or two, thats when!

That is too late then for the kid involved and their families.

WTF is this country coming to?? The guy is probably a paedophile and no one is stopping him from landing outside any school gates checking out your kids.

I really do think someone/anyone needs to sort this out ASAP.

If you are going to quote other peoples posts, please don't quote selectively, and then rant on, without regard to the facts. The police are taking this matter extremely seriously and there are a number of actions which are taking place, none of which are being publicised for obvious reasons. But the police are keen that parents are aware of the danger and are asking for vigilance regarding this man and a white van (or any other vehicle). Do not think that just because the worst case scenario has not happened, that nothing is happening, because it is.

Originally posted by Aaarrrggghhh

Choices:

1. Be grateful you did see it and take measures as you see fit.

2. Work out how to help improve the system yourself.

What a stupid comment, of course I'm greatful i did see it, I am worried about those that haven't! I was merely saying the media should be used to its full potential for something like this. They need informing by someone that has all the facts not somebody who has read someone else's comments on a forum!

Wow, well DO SOMETHING THEN instead of just talking about how others should be doing them... Sitting there criticising the local rags won't get you very far.

Think the point is being lost here, stop digging at me and stick to the issue!