Anybody renting with crap & hay?

As far as I know from the previous agencies, they charge admin fee from beginning of the lease, and when you extend your contract, just resign the paper work.

I have just been told by the staff at crap & hay after I signed my extended contract, I have to pay the admin fee very time I extend my contract. £75!! I asked what's that money for, and I was told for preparing the lease... What's that includes?! Photocopy a few paper!!! They even refuse to send the lease to my house, I have to pop in myself to sign it. I can understand they charge admin fee at the first time, but every time when you extend your contract!? I think that's just a con. And some staffs in there are just so aggressive, make you speachless.

And have not mentioned the problems I had with them when the contract started... I am worried about my deposite now, am I in big trouble here?

Just wondering how you pay your admin fee? Any suggestion will be welcome. Thanks.

There are a few agencies around that charge a 'renewal fee' if you opt to sign a new contract. Did they go over the options with you, as you can just go onto periodic (original terms carry on, but it's a month by month basis).

There are a few agencies around that charge a 'renewal fee' if you opt to sign a new contract. Did they go over the options with you, as you can just go onto periodic (original terms carry on, but it's a month by month basis).

They didn't go over any option with me, just told me there is only two option, either sign another 6 month or move out.

I really hope I didn't go for this property now. This mounting pain makes nothing worth it.

That's simply not the case, you can choose to sign for a further 6/12 months or you can opt to let the contract expire and take it month by month. The original terms will still apply, they would still need to give you two months notice if the landlord wants to to vacate, or you would need to give one month's notice. Do you have the contact details for your landlord?

I asked twice about the month by month basis, but they refused it.

I don't know if anything still can be done after I signed the extended contract.

I do have the contact details for landlord. What's this for?

I don't see how they can refuse it, if they are happy for you to sign for 6/12 months longer they should be happy for you to stay on a monthly basis. If they are trying to force you to sign in order to extract a fee this is disgusting.

The reason i ask about contact details for your landlord is that if it were me, i would be tempted to write to him/her and let them know the situation.

I don't see how they can refuse it, if they are happy for you to sign for 6/12 months longer they should be happy for you to stay on a monthly basis. If they are trying to force you to sign in order to extract a fee this is disgusting.

The reason i ask about contact details for your landlord is that if it were me, i would be tempted to write to him/her and let them know the situation.

So would I. I volunteered to pay my tennants fee. As landlord I have to pay the fee also, bit I would rather pay the tennants fee as well in order to keep a good tennant in my house.

That's extactly what they are doing!!!

And unfortunately, I did contact the landlord, and he knows the problems, but still wants the agency to handle it.

Oh dear, what a tough situation to be in.

Do you have any of this in writing? If not, i would ensure that all further communication is done through email or letters.

This is what ARLA (of which Crapper & Haigh are not members) have to say on tenancy renewals -

"What About Renewals And Extensions Of A Tenancy?

This is a very common situation and the ARLA Agent will normally negotiate between the parties and prepare the necessary formal documentation for a replacement tenancy or fixed term extension.

If no further fixed term is created to follow on from the end-date of original term, and assuming notice to end the tenancy has not been served, the tenancy can simply hold over as a “periodic tenancy” e.g. rolling on with basically the same terms and conditions and in line with how the rent is due to be paid. This is usually monthly."

http://arla.co.uk/infosheets/list.aspx?id=1#

They are a RICS member however, you may find this link useful: http://www.rics.org/Aboutus/Whatwedo/Protectingtheconsumer/regulation_landing_c_1191107.htm

I am worried about my deposite now.

you should be. They tried to deduct around 200.00 from my deposit for cleaning yet i left the flat undamaged and cleaner than it was when i moved in.

i made them give me a list of what they thought needed cleaning and they could only come up with stuff like "fingerprint on mirror"

very shady.

i rent thru mike jolly and i got a letter saying if i didnt sign a new contract my tenacy would automatically go monthly i didnt have to do anything just let it run monthly

you should be. They tried to deduct around 200.00 from my deposit for cleaning yet i left the flat undamaged and cleaner than it was when i moved in.

i made them give me a list of what they thought needed cleaning and they could only come up with stuff like "fingerprint on mirror"

very shady.

hasame trouble with blundells.they just never goin to give you a full bond back