Anybody renting/rented with Saxton Mee?

Me and my husband travelled all the way down from the North east especially to view a property with them - it was confirmed the day before yet they didn't show...I got no apology and was told it wasn't booked in! I was 6 months pregnant at the time and majorly peed off that our day had been wasted. We rang them a couple of times after for different properties and never had any reply!

The house we are in at the moment was on with them and we posted a letter through the door asking the landlord if he'd consider seeing us privately as we had had so much trouble with them, and bingo - here we are..... guess we got the last laugh there!!

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now - they don't realise that one day us renters go on to become buyers and when it comes to us eventually selling, we wouldn't even consider them.

Not nearly good enough Saxton Mee - not by a long stretch!

When I was looking at buying, they didn't bother sending any agents to show me round. Instead I was left completely to myself.

In the apartment block there are 9 different entrances, they failed to tell me which one so I rang the intercom of 4 people in the incorrect block. When I got to the right one there was a single woman showing me round.

I thought that was illegal now? I could have been anyone with any kind of motives, Saxton Mee couldn't be bothered to send anyone with me so if anything did happen to her surely they are libel...

Liable, and under what law would it be illegal for a single person to show you around a flat?

There seem to be some genuine problems with saxton mee, but a few of these are just sour grapes. The advice to always read the contract, well, duh, don't you always do that anyway? Complaints about freeview reception? Maybe you should have asked if it mattered to you...

Oh and the accusation of fraud, that is probably libel as they don't sound to have defrauded that poster, just messed them about (which is rubbish for sure, but not illegal).

Liable, and under what law would it be illegal for a single person to show you around a flat?

There seem to be some genuine problems with saxton mee, but a few of these are just sour grapes. The advice to always read the contract, well, duh, don't you always do that anyway? Complaints about freeview reception? Maybe you should have asked if it mattered to you...

Oh and the accusation of fraud, that is probably libel as they don't sound to have defrauded that poster, just messed them about (which is rubbish for sure, but not illegal).

I was under the impression that after a "viewer" killed a woman in their own home that there was some legislation stating that you cannot go in alone.

Even if that isn't the case, its pretty shocking service to not even bother turning up to show you around! On the flip side, Blundells were great and it was one of their properties that I bought.

I was under the impression that after a "viewer" killed a woman in their own home that there was some legislation stating that you cannot go in alone.

Even if that isn't the case, its pretty shocking service to not even bother turning up to show you around! On the flip side, Blundells were great and it was one of their properties that I bought.

that's about as likely as making it illegal to walk down dark alleys alone.

Common sense might tell you not to meet someone alone in an unoccupied property, but what you choose to do is none of the governments business if you're an adult and capable of making reasoned choices.

They aren't your parent, they aren't there to tell you how to live your life.

I did ask hence why I was mad......

So you could have left again immediately on the basis that they misrepresented the property to you. A pain in the neck I realise, but it wasn't clear from your earlier post that you'd even asked.

So you could have left again immediately on the basis that they misrepresented the property to you. A pain in the neck I realise, but it wasn't clear from your earlier post that you'd even asked.

No idea I could do that after the contract and lets face it as if I would have for the extra cost - wasn't worth it. Thats how they roll. BS you all the way and leave you in a situation its easier to just live with. I like my flat but just feel they are underhand. Not as bad as Northern Apartments though who are the worst agent I have ever dealt with

We were with Saxton Mee for 3 years and as far as I can tell, they're like most letting/estate agents - do as little as they can for as much as they can. I wouldn't not rent somewhere because they were the agents, as I'm not sure many others give a better service either. Yes, they're slow to respond, communication is pretty poor and they'll bang fees on anything they can, but I reckon it's just par for the course.

Just bought our first place now and glad to be leaving all that behind.

Mark

I think Saxton Mee are terrible, for some reason they seem to get good properties because they are seen as an established name, but for my money Blundells are much better.

We are with Saxton Mee and the landlady signed up for a 12 month contract and then tried to get out of it after six months, and the way they approached the situation was terrible.

I find the staff to be brusque and almost rude for what is supposed to be a letting agent at the 'better' end of the scale - they never show any understanding for any issues and were totally unapologetic in the aforementioned situation.

By all means rent from them if they have the property you want, but don't expect a decent service for your money.

It is a great shame that this well known company has, over the years gone downhill. I worked for Saxtons when Nigel was in charge,(good few years ago) and knew his father, who, I think, would turn in his grave. The companies that 'sell out' very often go 't**s up, I would try to rent /buy from an independant agent.