Anybody renting/rented with Saxton Mee?

I'm asking this as friend of mine is at the minute and the stuff he's telling me about them is shocking...

takes them months to respond to maintenance issues etc

but the best is they want to visit the apartment every 3 months of the 12 month tenancy to check the condition!

I've rented allover the UK and never heard of an agent doing that after 6 months yeah but 3 seems harsh

Most agents will do quarterly inspections, we do and the agency i rent through does too. All they do is nip in for a quick look, it's a small inconvenience but i can understand from the landlord's side why it's needed.

So.... I am having serious issues with Crap and hay as well.... Shocking

Seems best idea wiil be do not sign the contract before you read everything on it.

I rented with them recently. Their application fee is silly and they knew that I physically would not be able to get Freeview at my new flat and would have to sign with Virgin to get telly and yet they didnt tell me. Im now on my third week of no TV and will be £31 PCM worse off when I do get it - so I dont feel they offered me a clear and transparent service. Had they told me I probably wouldnt have rented the flat as I hate to not have a choice in most matters - or I may have bartered which is probably why they didnt!

The landlord shouldn't worry that's why they take big deposits :)

And my mates having issues with tv signal in bedrooms the sockets don't work

I atremped renting with them n 2004 but I realized from the viewing they were cowboys

Yes they do take a decent deposit (and references) however problems can still crop up. For example, if you let to someone who passes all the checks etc. but then wrecks the place, the first thing the landlord would know about it is when they have run off. If the repair costs exceed the bond held they then have to trace the tenant(s).

It's the few bad tenants that ruin it for the rest of us, unfortunately.

Yes they do take a decent deposit (and references) however problems can still crop up. For example, if you let to someone who passes all the checks etc. but then wrecks the place, the first thing the landlord would know about it is when they have run off. If the repair costs exceed the bond held they then have to trace the tenant(s).

It's the few bad tenants that ruin it for the rest of us, unfortunately.

i understand where you're coming from but i disagree

All estate agents/landlords i've ever been with have done checks half way through the tenency and when you give the months notice that you intend to leave they check again

and then on leaving day you physically have to hand over the keys to the agent so i see no need for a quarterly check.

How would the landlord/agent like it if they had to take a day off work every three months to allow a stranger to wonder round their house? or worse still be expect to sign a form allowing a stranger in on their own

No it's not ideal of course, but it's a policy at the company i work for and also at the one i rent from. I suppose we're lucky as my OH does shifts so he can be there.

I'm just trying to give the other side of it, and i've heard some horror stories from landlords myself.

Saxton Mee lettings are FRAUDSTERS :rant:

To all those looking to rent/buy/promote properties via Saxtonmee lettings based around the Sheffield/Rotherham area, beware. They are fraudsters in the first degree and you are much better off doing your dealings with someone else.

We have to move about quite a bit due to our jobs. We came across a lovely apartment in Rotherham via a renowned property website. The property was being represented by Saxtonmee lettings agents, and we had a detailed viewing.

When it came down to discussing the let agreement, the lady representing Saxtonmee lettings fluctuated repeated between a deposit fee of £150 and £200 for two people. They quoted a different fee every time my husband or I called. Isn't it supposed to be a fixed figure?

Anyway, the very next working day after viewing the property, we called up Saxtonmee offices to book the property and were told that another customer is interested in the same property. But if we paid our deposit fee, Saxtonmee lettings would secure it for us.

Immediately after getting this information, my husband paid them the full amount, £200 over the phone via card, and was assured that yes, the property was secured for us. That it would not be shown or promoted to anyone else. So we relaxed and prepared to start packing for the shift. July is nearly over and we have to shift houses beginning of August; there is hardly any time left to house hunt.

But today morning, a whole day after paying the deposit fee, we received a curt email from Saxtonmee lettings, stating, and I quote:

"Unfortunately another applicant has been agreed to take this property , We will refund your application fee as soon as possible , apologies for any inconvenience caused . please feel free to contact us if you see any other properties you may be interested in."

That's it; no explanation. No remorse.

My husband called them from his work, asking to speak to the lady who sent the above email. But a rather robotic clerk informed him that his "refund cheque" was being dispatched via post. When he reiterated to speak to the lady in question, he was told that she was "unavailable" at the moment.

We left our phone number with Saxtonmee lettings, wishing to speak to them, but have had no response at all. This huge inconvenience comes at a time when we are in a desperate rush to relocate from one city to another due to our new jobs . We have to do a house hunt all over again and travel hours along the motorway to Sheffield/Rotherham to view further properties.

If Saxtonmee real estates cannot be responsible with their dealings, they should shut down their offices and look at other venues where fraud like this is less likely to go detected.

Estate agents like these who continue to cheat people by taking their money, claiming to secure a property for them and then selling it instead to a different customer should be ashamed of themselves.

If you want to look up any property in Rotherham/Sheffield or nearby, go to any estate agency except Saxtonmee lettings. You will do yourself a world of favour.

Saxton Mee lettings are FRAUDSTERS :rant:

To all those looking to rent/buy/promote properties via Saxtonmee lettings based around the Sheffield/Rotherham area, beware. They are fraudsters in the first degree and you are much better off doing your dealings with someone else.

We have to move about quite a bit due to our jobs. We came across a lovely apartment in Rotherham via a renowned property website. The property was being represented by Saxtonmee lettings agents, and we had a detailed viewing.

When it came down to discussing the let agreement, the lady representing Saxtonmee lettings fluctuated repeated between a deposit fee of £150 and £200 for two people. They quoted a different fee every time my husband or I called. Isn't it supposed to be a fixed figure?

Anyway, the very next working day after viewing the property, we called up Saxtonmee offices to book the property and were told that another customer is interested in the same property. But if we paid our deposit fee, Saxtonmee lettings would secure it for us.

Immediately after getting this information, my husband paid them the full amount, £200 over the phone via card, and was assured that yes, the property was secured for us. That it would not be shown or promoted to anyone else. So we relaxed and prepared to start packing for the shift. July is nearly over and we have to shift houses beginning of August; there is hardly any time left to house hunt.

But today morning, a whole day after paying the deposit fee, we received a curt email from Saxtonmee lettings, stating, and I quote:

"Unfortunately another applicant has been agreed to take this property , We will refund your application fee as soon as possible , apologies for any inconvenience caused . please feel free to contact us if you see any other properties you may be interested in."

That's it; no explanation. No remorse.

My husband called them from his work, asking to speak to the lady who sent the above email. But a rather robotic clerk informed him that his "refund cheque" was being dispatched via post. When he reiterated to speak to the lady in question, he was told that she was "unavailable" at the moment.

We left our phone number with Saxtonmee lettings, wishing to speak to them, but have had no response at all. This huge inconvenience comes at a time when we are in a desperate rush to relocate from one city to another due to our new jobs . We have to do a house hunt all over again and travel hours along the motorway to Sheffield/Rotherham to view further properties.

If Saxtonmee real estates cannot be responsible with their dealings, they should shut down their offices and look at other venues where fraud like this is less likely to go detected.

Estate agents like these who continue to cheat people by taking their money, claiming to secure a property for them and then selling it instead to a different customer should be ashamed of themselves.

If you want to look up any property in Rotherham/Sheffield or nearby, go to any estate agency except Saxtonmee lettings. You will do yourself a world of favour.

I've also had many problems with Saxton Mee. I would not use them if they were free!

Edited by Bilbo Baggin

We were with Saxon Mee and we had loads of problems with them. Firstly the work we were told would get done to the property didnt get done... a lick of paint and a few minor repairs incl settlement crack which they said they couldnt do anything about.

Then we had a flood and had no emergency contact number... couldnt live in our place and it was a sat night so had to get a hotel whilst Macdonalds did their best to dry everything out.

When dry the basically told us the damage wasnt that bad... yet we had moudly carpets, mouldy walls and a lot of furniture damaged. Oh... and it stank of dampness. Then one guy had the cheek to tell us to cover up the smell with candles and air-freshener!

It gets worse... they didnt look into our landlords insurances and had a dodgy paint job done wasting him a lot of money. This didnt work!

One of the directors came to view the property following a formal complaint and he then along with everyone else in the company ignored our phone calls.

When inspected by Macdonalds they told us that skirting boards, doors, and some flooring needed to be replaced, walls needed to be treated and settlement cracks needed to be plastered. This we found out was covered by our landlords insurance and Saxton Mee had wasted hundreds of pounds of his money... as a result our landlord moved agents...

I would avoid them at all costs... they are a joke of a company and I would advise anyone who doesnt want to get screwed over to stay well clear!!