MP's Expenses

Have none of you cruel beasts any sympathy at all for puir, wee Gordon......et al... ? You know, there could well be a backlash by the next General Election -----and when all this expenses stuff is forgotten ! Just imagine if you were a voter and you 're thinking about ----

Mr. G. Brown, sitting in Ye Owld Manse, Kirkaldy, warming himself by the heat of a candle and reading the Old Testament to pass the time,

Mr. A. Darling [ And what a little Darling ! ], digging ditches for a motorway construction company and denied responsibility for looking after the Tea Kitty,

Mr. J. Straw & Mr. J. Prescott , busking on Hackney High Street. Theirs would be a double act, on the lines of Flanagan & Allan [ ' Underneath the arches.......' ]......an old cloth cap on the pavement to receive alms.

Yes, once people realise the possible plight of these poor men, they could well give them a sympathetic second chance. Now, come on, where 's your compassion, folks ? Even if you don 't vote for them, you COULD send them a few quid !

Put them all in the athletes village post 2012 Olympics. They'd only get demolished anyway. That way:

It'd cost nowt.

The scumbag MPs would have 3 years to decide whether they want to be 'Honourable Members' or get a real job (which most of them wouldn't be able to)

And if they bitch about it, tough. They've proved they can't be trusted. None of them.

How come the office that dished out the money not been tackled.

They seemed to have dished out money hand over fist and never checked wether mortgages payments were valid etc.

All smug pigs wallowing in filth.

Have none of you cruel beasts any sympathy at all for puir, wee Gordon......et al... ? You know, there could well be a backlash by the next General Election -----and when all this expenses stuff is forgotten ! Just imagine if you were a voter and you 're thinking about ----

Mr. G. Brown, sitting in Ye Owld Manse, Kirkaldy, warming himself by the heat of a candle and reading the Old Testament to pass the time,

Mr. A. Darling [ And what a little Darling ! ], digging ditches for a motorway construction company and denied responsibility for looking after the Tea Kitty,

Mr. J. Straw & Mr. J. Prescott , busking on Hackney High Street. Theirs would be a double act, on the lines of Flanagan & Allan [ ' Underneath the arches.......' ]......an old cloth cap on the pavement to receive alms.

Yes, once people realise the possible plight of these poor men, they could well give them a sympathetic second chance. Now, come on, where 's your compassion, folks ? Even if you don 't vote for them, you COULD send them a few quid !

Fear not, Fareast. Yesterday, I registered a Charity which will hopefully be of help to the 'soon to be destitute' aforementioned miscreants when election time comes. I would hate to see those whom have 'stood down' for 'honourable' reasons; to enable them to spend 'more time with their families' without a penny to their names (other than the not insignificant capital assets they have amassed (courtesy of the taxpayer) plus £4,000 surround systems, £18,000 bookcases, and 59p chocolate Santa's) as they have served themselves well and brought our nation into disrepute.

We all owe them a debt of gratitude, hence my charity.

I've named it 'Financial help for our Unemployed former Custodians of Knowledge, Oratory, Fallacy and Fecklessness' .

Acronym? What acronym? :)

Please donate generously.

They seemed to have dished out money hand over fist and never checked wether mortgages payments were valid etc.

Its one of the reasons that the Speaker of the House had to go. He is in charge of the fees office that oversees MPs expences.

I get the impression it's worse than that I think the office tell them what to get away with and how to dress it up.

We all owe them a debt of gratitude, hence my charity.

I've named it 'Financial help for our Unemployed former Custodians of Knowledge, Oratory, Fallacy and Fecklessness' .

Acronym? What acronym? :)

Please donate generously.

Is that affiliated to The Westminister Aid To Honourable Ex Agents of Democracy Society?

Is that affiliated to The Westminister Aid To Honourable Ex Agents of Democracy Society?

Indeed. They're sister charities :)

Ten years on from the MP's expenses scandal here are the estimated amounts our Sheffield MP's received in expenses and salary 2017/18.

Paul Blomfield MP for Sheffield Central (Labour)

Expenses total £209,201.49

Estimated salary £76,011

Ranking 20th

Clive Betts Sheffield South East(Labour)

Expenses total £ 195,692.09

Estimated salary £89,221.16

Ranking 94th

Louise Haigh MP for for Sheffield Heeley (Labour)

Expenses total  £191,217.32

Estimated salary £76,011

Ranking 135th

Gill Furniss MP for Brightside and Hillsborough (Labour)

Expenses total £193,274.26

Estimated salary £76,011

Ranking 115th

Angela Smith MP for Penistone & Stockbridge (CUK, was Labour)

Expenses total £180,059.24

Estimated salary £76,011

Ranking 239th

Jared O'Mara for Sheffield Hallam (Independent, was Labour)

Expenses total £105,789.55

Estimated salary £61,614.98

Ranking 627th 

By far the largest expense for each is staff costs. More detail at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mps-expenses-scandal/how-much-does-my-mp-claim/

The issue here is what exactly?

On 05/04/2009 at 15:50, joshtetley said:

Seems our own Clive Betts is the top claimer in our region,nice work if you can get it.:mad:

My MP, Andrea Jenkyns - Morley and Outwood, claimed over half a million in three years