Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

I remember a clothes shop opposite the Fountain Bar called "X-clothes" that sold cool stuff, early 80's.

Trevor was indeed in "The Sun" as Rob says, he was signed up by Mickie Most and re-packaged as butch pop star! There was a picture of him in a Sunday paper at the time, with his hair cut much shorter and he was without a shirt, not at all like his Limit persona.

Not 'that' butch tho - howcher.jpg

Howcher%20back.jpg

I used to work in the Halifax on the Moor when there were only 7 of us staff - Saturday mornings after a Friday Limit was a killer even in my youth - remember falling off my chair while serving someone I was so hungover to my shame.

He brought me in this copy - cheers Trev x

God I was so jealous of his nails.

Can't seem to get those links to work, so I will take your word about Trev not looking butch, as I am going from memory about 27 years ago!

There was a shop just about next door to X clothes which was owned by someone called Kieran, can't just think of the name of the shop but they had some good stuff.

lol i thought that first pic was a girl Oo

Nice Photos:)

Howcher%20back.jpg

I used to work in the Halifax on the Moor when there were only 7 of us staff - Saturday mornings after a Friday Limit was a killer even in my youth - remember falling off my chair while serving someone I was so hungover to my shame.

He brought me in this copy - cheers Trev x

God I was so jealous of his nails.

our band played in the limit club just the once though i visited it on many an occasion. excellent venue. ground-breaking even?

best left dead - apocalypse jive. late 70's , early 80's ( punk/cold wave band)

got stuck in the lift for a couple of minutes with all our gear. singer ( david ingham - R.I.P. ) started to panic straight away banging on the doors and shouting for help.

had a suit from x-clothes which is still hung in my closet to this day hoping that i eventually lose that last couple of pounds from my hips and one day squeeze back into it.

used to do the pub crawl from crookes all the way into town and then back at night usually in a right mess being the teenage delinquent punks that we were.

happy days. happy days.

peace and anarchy

xpyda

ey up daisy.. sorry about late reply.. its me simon b. (gennys sidekick) i was in your seans year:P

dingo.. did you enjoy the artery gig? mark aws supposed to dedicate into the garden to you but he forgot (******).. heh..

Edited by qed_again
added summat else

Great memories of the place .

I think UB40 performed there a week or so before their 1st appearance on Top of to pops .

Used get so packed that it felt as if you were in a sauna . The condensation on the ceiling would drip down and you had to cover your drink .:)