Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

I remember being deafened when Ultravox did their "Systems of Romance" tour there-shouldn't have stood right in front of the speaker stack I suppose!!

The limit was the best place ever. Black club.black clothes,black make-up.Oh my god ,if onlyi was not 40,still keep in touch with some people,jo the barmaid - you will never change.keep in touch.

Bring back SIOUXSIE.

She is back - just released a new album.

Hiya,

I lived in the limit almost seven days a week.Knew most of the faces.Used to live in the same area as Tiny (Ian Squires) There was big Tiny and little Tiny who was Ian.Also, Tank, trigger and Delroy.Went with Trigger and all the lads to see Dingo and Ellie get married.I think the 'Do' was at The New inn on hemsworth Road.

I used to hang out with Pat and Sue, Ian Williams, Gordon,Deano and Dawn, trish and Mick, My mate Jan,Mick and Laura,Dean S. The bloke people mention with red hair and glasses who used to dance to everything was My cousin , Beezer! Also used to go down there with my cousin, Jerry.I worked withMick Fidler in my younger days.I used to love going up west street prior to The Limit, everyone knew everyone else, like a big, cool family.

I started going in there when they had tablecloths and flowers on the tables ..Yes really!We soon kicked that into touch didn't we?!!!

My goodness WhiteHorses, I must know you!! I was known as Daisy back then and I was also at Dingo and Ellie's wedding at the New inn on Hemsworth rd. We all used to hang out in the Golden Ball at 8 p.m. and then go to the Three Tuns down the street and that was trigger, delroy and a whole huge gang of folks who would finally end up wandering the west street area. Used to know Ian Williams and a bunch of his friends as well - bought one of my first motorbikes from him actually.

happy Days

Wednesday night was the best.I saw some great bands there.Who remembers paul young playing there with his first band? also Bill Nelson from Be BoP dELUXE Yorkshires very own and finest!! Cab Voltaire and Nigel Renshaw and the Stunt kites..Also the mad Psyhcobillies and the "dance" they did where it was basically just crashing into each other.Any one remember Trudge, or Trevor(is he still around?) Also GARY MARSDEN who still owes me undred quid you bas....d.

From Chris Lee now of Australia

oh and while i remember, did anyone go on the day trip that trevor arranged?I cant recall where it was to, but it might have been york for some reason.Also Tim rippon my nephew, who "borrowed" a Mr Whippy ice cream van to get back home to Ecclesfield after he spent his taxi fare on one of those awful kebabs they sold outside the limit! One final thing was that we often used to go "roof walking" on top of cole brothers and mess around with the search light they had up there.we would abuse the cops and then run away on the rooftops like bloody spiderman! Gary Marsden had it down to a fine art for some unknown reason.Strange that he ended up falling off a roof in Bermuda a few years later..!!Some of the names in earlier postings were in our Scooter club the Sheffield Scorpions.

Wednesday night was the best.I saw some great bands there.Who remembers paul young playing there with his first band? also Bill Nelson from Be BoP dELUXE Yorkshires very own and finest!! Cab Voltaire and Nigel Renshaw and the Stunt kites..Also the mad Psyhcobillies and the "dance" they did where it was basically just crashing into each other.Any one remember Trudge, or Trevor(is he still around?) Also GARY MARSDEN who still owes me undred quid you bas....d.

From Chris Lee now of Australia

Hi Chris, I think I might remember you.I've just had a pm from Daisy, did you know him?See previous posts.

Yes, I used to go in on Wednesdaysand I was there when Paul young sang, thought his voice was dead dodgy! Also went on scooter runs sometimes with my mate Jan who lived at Greenhill.

Also, did Gary Marsden ever go out with a tall blonde, into bowie, caled Jayne Brookfield?Don't know if I've got the right Gaz.