Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

Hi guys! Jus to say this is great reading all your comments as it was my dad who owned the limit years ago and is re opening it now! I hope u will all be attending our opening launch on Nov 25th! Everyone is welcome, especially the old limit crowd! cya holly x x x

Great news about the opening of The Limit. Hope to get down there, even if not for the opening night !

...but does anyone know what the music policy will be ? Will it be 80's indie ? Current indie ? what ????

No indie! Its gonna be mainly funky house at weekends mixed with a bit of r n b and in the week we will prob have some usual student nite music ie old classics etc! tryng to organise some live music tho! tryin my best! x

Originally posted by chri5

I went on one of the last nights to the limit, think it was late December 1990.

A couple of resident Sheffield DJ's Astrix & Space were playing.

Astrix is now sheffield dj and international selling house producer chris duckenfield (swag)

Originally posted by HJdollbaby

a bit of r n b and in the week

Excellent. are you going to have some R N B bands soon. This would be excellent, Frank White is still knocking around and Do$ch are a local R n B band too. :clap:

Originally posted by HJdollbaby

No indie! Its gonna be mainly funky house at weekends mixed with a bit of r n b and in the week we will prob have some usual student nite music ie old classics etc! tryng to organise some live music tho! tryin my best! x

Hi I went on the opening night and the week after can't believe the place is exactly the same as Uropa nothing has changed! Best days of my life were in Uropa and it was quite emotional for me being in there. Not the same music though which was disappointing and the place was rather empty. I see your dad owns the place. Any chance of an old skool reunion now and again? It would certainly pull people in and Sheffield could do with 90's night as we already have 70's and 80's. It would be so good to walk in the place and hear all my fave 90's tunes!

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Havce they not refurbished it? Painted it at least?

The layout is exactly the same and even the same carpet! They have obviously cleaned it up though as I remember sticking to it! Those funky picture frames have gone from the walls and it looks like its just been painted. Bring back Uropa I say!

To be honest i dnt hav much input apart from nagging!!!!!!lol! I think a 90s nite wud b a great idea and any ideas are up for discussion at the moment!!!!! Il get bk to u! x x x x x x