Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

Hello all, The limit club on west street was my fav destination on friday/ sat nights and i never used to miss monday nights aswell.

:)

The dj was a chap i knew from my school days paul unwin ,as i knew other people that went to tapton comp such as jed .

the groups i saw there were later to become famous, remember the U2 gig when their first album "Boy" came out during the gig i remenber the bassist breaking a guitar string :)

Other groups were UB 40, OMD, B52`s, depeche mode,as well as Paul young who always came when the groups didnt turn up :)

used to bump into Human league members and cab voltaire,along with ABC , mostly at the gigs i`ve just mentioned.

The club opened around 1978 and i went there until 1986.

I`ve heard Kevin webster is reopening another club with the same name as the site is no longer in existance, thanks supertram :)

Happy days for me

The thing i remember is 10 pence for your coats please :) at the bottom of the steps when handing your coat in.

regards to all past folks who went there from Beezer

:thumbsup:

Quote "Didnt the limit change into "THE Geisha BAR"?"

NO

Crazy Daisy --> Geisha Bar --> Legends --> at this point I had no interest and so couldn't say if there are any further resurrections. In fact I'm not sure if it's dead or alive. Hubby born & bred says its where Blacks keep their hiking boots but then it's always difficult to know whether he's being serious - on a Sunday.

does anyone when it will be rewpening ? pleez let me know as ive got loads of people asking me ! hope they do it black again , the excitments killing me !

50's nights in Sheffield...... Yes there are but not very often, I generally find out when from Alan who works in Oxfam on Ecclesall Rd, he's one of the old crowd.

If you did The Dog, did you do The Bull & Woolpack in Doncaster ! people dangling out of the last trains windows ?

I used to work at the Limit collecting glass" and sometimes behindthe bar.Plastic glass"s were a godsend in that place.Only problem when it was full people would drop them on the floor.Great place never had any problems there .Deffinetly alot of wierdos though customers and staff alike.

All this talk of the limit and old night clubs is very relevent to me and the "clubs we have lost" section of the Rockreunited website.

Rock Reunited - Place for Rock Memories of Sheffield

There is a very active page there remembering the limit which has had contributions sent in by 35 different people so far.

What I really want is a picture of the place though.

nobody it seems, ever took a picture of the building or it's sign. Do you have one? Please let me know

i think i have a pretty poor picture of that area after the limit shut.... i will send it you if the limit's on it!

:)

post them at photobucket.com, then copy and paste the link rather than the photo :)