Jade Goody has died

i agree that sometimes the coverage did get a bit tiresome, and people have slated her for selling her soul in her final hours,

but i think that she has made a lot of young women sit up and take note.

how many more will now go for regular smears?

she was the same age as me, i cant even think to imagine what she had to go through, and find it brave that she did go out into the spot light and i cant blame her - she said her only intention was to earn as much money as possible for her sons, and the rest didnt matter, i would have done exactly the same

I might get slated for saying this, but I hope now she is finally dead the media will stop going on about her as if she was some sort of saint. Never has someone who has gave so little been so over exposed by the media.

I agree as well, no doubt all these posts will get deleted for speaking our mind.

Many people are dying out there from cancer, but they dont get coverage in the papers, although if they were a failed big brother contestant maybe they would have.

It's called having an opinion and being entitled to share it :)

There are a few "proper" celebrities out there that do a lot of hard work for charity. Shame they are few and far between.

I agree AO, and as my 5yr old came running to me this morning with a mug she painted herself and some chocolates she also made (lipstick, high heels all girly shapes) and a hand painting to remind me when she has grown up, I dont know how I held it together. Those little boys will have woken up to shower mummy with love and gifts, to be told she is with the Angels.....heartbreaking X RIP Jade.

my thoughts are with the family an boys R.I.P jade on this very sad day xxx

Her poor children now have to grow up with no mummy and that is truly heartbreaking.

27 is such a young age, but she had the brains to make as much money as possible for her boys.

I`m sure her death will make young women everywhere wake up to how important smears are and hopefully lower the age.

I agree AO, and as my 5yr old came running to me this morning with a mug she painted herself and some chocolates she also made (lipstick, high heels all girly shapes) and a hand painting to remind me when she has grown up, I dont know how I held it together. Those little boys will have woken up to shower mummy with love and gifts, to be told she is with the Angels.....heartbreaking X RIP Jade.

That`s a lovely post and i`d much rather read something like that than most of the J.G stuff...

Put a smile on my face.

R.I.P Jade, thoughts go to her family and friends, especially the two young children x

I agree as well, no doubt all these posts will get deleted for speaking our mind.

Many people are dying out there from cancer, but they dont get coverage in the papers, although if they were a failed big brother contestant maybe they would have.

There are thousands of people out there dying from cancer who don't get the coverage and probably wouldn't WANT the coverage!

A thread about the sadness of Jade's early death does not detract from the tragedies of lesser known people for heaven's sake! Those who are not in the public eye get their fair share of deserved sympathy and support.

There are thousands of people (I'm one of them) who help those with terminal cancer face their own prognosis.

The media coverage of Jade's battle HAS been pretty tasteless most of the time but that doesn't lessen the tragedy of a four and five year old losing their mother, whoever she may be.

Edited by bagger

It's called having an opinion and being entitled to share it :)

There are a few "proper" celebrities out there that do a lot of hard work for charity. Shame they are few and far between.

The thing is the AO I dont think it is having an opinion I think it is just plain disrespectful. If I didnt like somebody that was dying or had died and saw a thread about them I would just leave it be and keep my opinions on that person to myself. I would respect the person that had died enough to butt out but also the people on it that did like them.

The thing about what has happened to Jade is that she is ordinary. People are not in awe because she is a celeb, people are upset because its too close to the bone and difficult to avoid. Everybody has fears when they have children and even about losing their own parents. This situation triggers everybodies fears about their own lives. Whatever you think of Jade she is a very young woman who had planned to see her little boys grow into men and her boys never thought they wouldnt have there mum to bring them up. It isnt about celeb status, it is about a real situation that ultimately will break those kids into pieces and they will have to pick themselves back up.

As for the point about her donating to charity I wouldnt be so quick to condemn when I didnt have a clue. Just because she wasnt shouting about what money she may have been donating dosent mean she didnt donate any.

It is mothers day today so some of us will be visiting our mum and being spoilt by our children but them two boys and the rest of her family will be sat in tears or in shock. For the next few weeks or even months they will still not believe she has gone and wonder how they will carry on without her. Whatever you or I or anyone else thinks about it she was their mum. Every child in the least deserves to have their loving mummy around them.

The thing is the AO I dont think it is having an opinion I think it is just plain disrespectful. If I didnt like somebody that was dying or had died and saw a thread about them I would just leave it be and keep my opinions on that person to myself. I would respect the person that had died enough to butt out but also the people on it that did like them.

The thing about what has happened to Jade is that she is ordinary. People are not in awe because she is a celeb, people are upset because its too close to the bone and difficult to avoid. Everybody has fears when they have children and even about losing their own parents. This situation triggers everybodies fears about their own lives. Whatever you think of Jade she is a very young woman who had planned to see her little boys grow into men and her boys never thought they wouldnt have there mum to bring them up. It isnt about celeb status, it is about a real situation that ultimately will break those kids into pieces and they will have to pick themselves back up.

As for the point about her donating to charity I wouldnt be so quick to condemn when I didnt have a clue. Just because she wasnt shouting about what money she may have been donating dosent mean she didnt donate any.

It is mothers day today so some of us will be visiting our mum and being spoilt by our children but them two boys and the rest of her family will be sat in tears or in shock. For the next few weeks or even months they will still not believe she has gone and wonder how they will carry on without her. Whatever you or I or anyone else thinks about it she was their mum. Every child in the least deserves to have their loving mummy around them.

Brilliant post. Agree with every word.:thumbsup:

There are thousands of people out there dying from cancer who don't get the coverage and probably wouldn't WANT the coverage!

A thread about the sadness of Jade's early death does not detract from the tragedies of lesser known people for heaven's sake! Those who are not in the public eye get their fair share of deserved sympathy and support.

There are thousands of people (I'm one of them) who help those with terminal cancer face their own prognosis.

The media coverage of Jade's battle HAS been pretty tasteless most of the time but that doesn't lessen the tragedy of a four and five year old losing their mother, whoever she may be.

I think you've summed things up perfectly. Anyone dying at an early age is a tragedy for their family. I agree that how people deal with it depends on them and their circumstances. Whatever Jade was she's tried to do something positive in the end - ensuring her children are financially ok, and publicising issues around cervical cancer.

The woman is dead and no longer suffering. Her children are innocent parties in all of this, regardless of how their mother chose to live her life - and perhaps we all should remember that.

Edit: I was writing this when you wrote your excellent post waxonwaxoff.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I wonder what motivates people who had no time for Jade to even bother reading about her, let alone posting to threads about her.

The poignancy of her dying on Mothers Day is just so sad for her little boys, but for Jade herself she is out of the pain now. I hope she rests in peace.