Rate the last book you read

Red Gary Neville auto biography 6/10

Very run of the mill average book. Nothing mind blowing to come out of the book glad it only cost £3

Just finished 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. Enjoyed it, but it's about a couple's very very twisted relationship.Cleverly crafted.Would recommend.

The Face - Dean Koontz.

9/10

I'm a massive Dean Koontz fan but I've picked this book up once or twice and not been that bothered. When I finally got around to reading it I couldn't put it down. A little confusing in places and not at all what I expected. A really good read.

"The John Lennon Letters" - by Hunter Davis

Over 300 letters together with a compelling narrative. The stories behind the letters from a note written when Lennon was ten, to his last scribble, 8th Dec.1980 - the day he was shot. Poignant, enlightening.

9/10

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

Very good. Didn't really know what to expect. I have a vague idea of what the story was about but had never read anything by her so thought I'd give it a go. Very atmospheric and I loved the sudden and abrupt ending. Might try some more of hers.

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

Very good. Didn't really know what to expect. I have a vague idea of what the story was about but had never read anything by her so thought I'd give it a go. Very atmospheric and I loved the sudden and abrupt ending. Might try some more of hers.

She's one of my favourite writers, don't think I've ever been disappointed reading anything of hers.

Liars and Outliers: Enabling the Trust that Society Needs to Thrive (by Bruce Schneier)

8 out of 10 This guy has a lot of interesting thoughts.

Just finished last night for a 2nd time 11.22.63 love it great book by Stephen King, it just makes you wonder what would happen if people could meddle & try to alter time.

Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin.

The first Rebus book.

I ripped through it in a couple of days. It's a lot rough and readier than later novels as you'd expect and not as complex and convoluted as the series becomes but it was good to discover an earlier Rebus.

FREAKonomics.

By Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner

6/10

Kinda lost it's way 2/3rds through.

Hide and Seek by Ian Rankin.

The second Rebus novel. Good fun and a nice introduction to the underbelly of Edinburgh and corruption in high places that will go on to provide the background for his later works.

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 21:03 ----------

Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett. An enjoyable read but certainly not one of his classics. Much better than making money and unseen academicals though.

Moist von Lipwig is the main protagonist and I'm not really s fan of him. There are appearances from the warch and the wizards and the dwarfs but it seems like whistle stop tour of previous characters.

Sad to finish it though, you never know if it might be his last.

Just finished 'Doctor Sleep' by Stephen King, the follow up to 'The Shining'

Loved it, great story and interesting characters.

9/10 Wouldve been a 10 but the ending seemed a bit rushed.