Rate the last book you read

I've just finished "The sense of an ending" by Julian Barnes. It is clever, well written, insightful, and with unpredictable plot twists. I love this book and I did rate 10/10.

Just finished 'Acacia: The War With The Mein' by David Anthony Durham. First in his Acacia trilogy

Fairly standard fantasy fare, nothing plot wise that really made me sit up and take note, but well written and gripping enough to make me want to read the next one. So i would probably say 7/10.

Dark Skies by Arnaldur Indridason. This is about his seventh Reykjavik murder mystery and the second one in which his main protagonist Inspector Erlandur takes a back seat, with the story being involving one of his usual underlings instead. He did similar with his last novel but on that occasion the main character was quite sympathetic whereas the main character in this one is a bit of a git which meant there was a bit of conflict in me when I read it, half of me wanting him to solve the crime and half of me thinking what an obnoxious, arrogant twerp he was.

He grows and develops as the book goes on and finally discovers some empathy.

Oh, and there are a couple of murders, child abuse and shady bank dealings as well.

Indridason has been my favourite discovery of the past couple of years.

Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly.

Decent enough but not one of the best he's done. Too many obvious red herrings and false trails.

I've just read 'The Road to Wigan Pier Revisited' by Stephen Armstrong. It looks at Orwell's experiences and compares them how things are 75 years on. There's still poverty and hopelessness along with some great examples of individuals who try and make their communities better. Not cheerful bedtime reading though.

Recently I read “The Best of me”, actually I’m a big fan of “Nicholas Sparks” also the story was awesome, especially I like this quote. I would give 9/10.

“She turned to face him. ‘What were we thinking?’ ‘We weren’t,’ he said. ‘We were in love.’”

Just finishing Donald Rumsfeld Memoirs "Known and Unknown". Great reading especially because I am cross referencing to "Soldier", The Life of Colin Powell. Interesting observations from 2 very different perspectives.

Just finished 'A shed of one's own' by Marcus Berkmann, which is about the trails and tribulations of middle age. Like Stuart Maconie's Pies and Prejudice, I was left thinking that this was a book I could have written just as well - it was mildly entertaining but really there wasn't much in it. 7/10.

11.22.63 Stephen King, good book but goes on at times 8/10, makes you wonder what would have happened had JFK not died though.

'The Lost Symbol' by Dan Brown.

'Poor' would be a pretty apt summation of this piece of work. A pretty simple story line becomes lost in a Google of facts ... most of which are repeated several times.

Currently reading The Stand Stephen King, 4th time of reading, love it 10/10

currently ready fifty shader darker reallly good read the first one and i was hooked :)