Rate the last book you read

The instruction manual to Wii Fit 8/10 :D

Rented it for a week from the video shop.

Pop goes the weasel - James Patterson. Another detetive cross novel.

This got 9/10 - excellent - just didnt think parts of the ending were worth waiting for

Rose are red - James Patterson finished it last night. 10/10 best one in the cross series so far..

I'm currently reading yet another of Phillipa Gregory's historical novels - "The Other Queen" which features no less than Mary, Queen of Scots, and is set nearby, with links to Bess of Hardwick. It deals with MQoS' imprisonment, being moved from Bolton castle near Wetherby, to one of Chatsworth's sister houses, owned by Bess and her family.

It's a good read so far.

Handle with care - Jodi Picoult

It's interesting and a good involving read throughout, by turn taking the view of everyone in the family surrounding a child with osteogenis imperfecta and later the legal eagles involved in the trial for wrongful birth.

9/10

120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis De Sade.

Can't really say much about it on a family forum but it's was certainly different. I would recommend it but not if you have a weak stomach.

120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis De Sade.

Can't really say much about it on a family forum but it's was certainly different. I would recommend it but not if you have a weak stomach.

I'd give this 4/10. Points given for an interesting premise and then deducted for being badly written and unreadably repetitive. I'm amazed anyone finishes it, to be honest.

Georges Bataille is better in that line, imo.

The last book I read was Diana Athill's Somewhere Towards the End - 7/10. Interesting, funny, well-written memoir.

Violets are blue - James Patterson.

The follow up for roses are red.

8/10 - for the ending....1st half of book bored me as Im not into vampire stuff but the 2nd half was brill

The Brutal Art - Jesse Kellerman.

A good story, intriguing but let down by a lack of characterisation. I really didn't care about the central character, he meant nothing to me, no empathy. I didn't care if he lived or died which meant I had no emotional connection with the book.

God I turn into such a pseud when I've had a beer

four blind mice - James Patterson. 7.5/10...

Not up to the usual standard. I might swap authors for my nxt book

The Last Coyote ~ Michael Connelly 8/10

4th in the Harry Bosch series, still pretty strong (whereas some detective series have started to become cliched and stilted by this far in), will be interesting to see where the character can go after this (even though I know he does, there are quite a few more Bosch novels after this one)

The Last Coyote ~ Michael Connelly 8/10

4th in the Harry Bosch series, still pretty strong (whereas some detective series have started to become cliched and stilted by this far in), will be interesting to see where the character can go after this (even though I know he does, there are quite a few more Bosch novels after this one)

My dad recently got me into the Harry Bosch series, by Michael Connelly. I haven't yet read The Last Coyote, although I've thoroughly enjoyed all the ones in the series I have read, so far:- Blood Work, Trunk Music, The Black echo, Angels Flight, Echo Park, The Closers, The Narrows, and one whose name I've forgotten, but it's a follow on from Blood Work, where the pal who had the heart transplant dies, and HB is investigating his pal's death.

I've also read Chasing the Dime, and "The Lincoln Lawyer" which aren't Harry Bosch books.