Rate the last book you read

Double Cross- James Patterson. excellent 9/10

Trunk Music - Michael Connelly 6.5/10

fifth in the Harry Bosch series, and the first one i've found to be pretty average

Trunk Music - Michael Connelly 6.5/10

fifth in the Harry Bosch series, and the first one i've found to be pretty average

I've just read "the Brass Verdict", which weaves both Bosch and "The Lincoln Lawyer" into one story. Very good read.

Readed again:

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - One Hundred Years of Solitude => 10/10

I have recently read the twlight books and i found them to be soo amazing. really creative i really recormend the four books and the films.

Masie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear

An introduction to Maisie Dobbs, detective, set in the 1920's. A decent enough first novel which is good on character but slim on plot which was OK for a lightweight holiday read. Some good bits detailing the character's past experiences in WW1. Overall a 7/10. Not sure I'd rush out and buy any more in the series but would certainly pick them up if I saw them on the book trolley at work.

Just read the Ricky Tomlinson Autobiography - brilliant read

Imperium by Robert Harris - not his best by a long chalk but a lot better than his more recent effort, Ghost.

5/10

I read Colin Martin's 'Welcome to Hell' today. (One chapter to go though)

Almost hard to believe it isn't fiction. I wasn't surprised at all at the treatment of Thailand prisons inmates, but found the justice system there almost unbelievable. It backs up what some of my work colleagues [who have been there] have said about everything revolving around money there.

An unmissable read.

Earlier in the week I read 'Drop the Pink Elephant' by Bill Mcfarlan.

A great light-hearted read, about communication.

I'm not sure which chapter number it was, but it was titled..

'don't tell Anna' ... a text mistakenly sent to Anna, 2001. You can guess the rest. I actually tested that at work to test the outcome :hihi:

Easy read, serious, but with dry humour, highly recommended.

Edited by *_ash_*

Snatched by Mandasue Heller.

Not her best i thought, kept going over the same things over and over. Don't know why some authers do this, seems like it's just filling pages for the sake of it.

The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

The follow up to the hugely enjoyable The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Fast paced, compulsive reading, like a rollarcoaster I wanted to get to the end but didn't want it to finish. As soon as I finished the last page I wanted to get my hands on the, as yet unpublished, third and final installment.

Exciting, gripping, intelligent and sexy