Rate the last book you read

Twilight by stephanie meyer - 8/10 ..excellent read-very imaginative

Neil Gaiman- the Graveyard Book. Brilliant read, couldn't put it down and now that I've finished it I'm pretty much starting it again.

Chris Cleave is a genius. Try Incendiary as well. I read it three times in a row and couldn't get it out of my head for ages.

Just finished it. You are absolutely right. I'll be starting it again tonight.

The Tommyknockers - Stephen King

4/10

I know its and old one but I've only got round to reading it last week.

I like Stephen King but this book isn't one of his best.

It is too long and a lot of pages don't really add anything to the plot.

If the book was 300 pages fewer it could be a good tight fast paced read, but as it is it is too long and slow

I love The Tommyknockers. I like the way King builds up the characters and the atmosphere throughout the book. True, a lot of pages do not add anything to the plot but he builds up the personalities of the characters really well I think.

I have finally got round to reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. It's OK but I don't understand what all the fuss is about really. I wasn't that impressed. 6/10

Blood canticle, by Ann Rice.

I think the more that she writes the less good they get especially the vampire chronicles.

I really dislike the idea of Lestat wanting to be a Christian saint :rolleyes: just let the true nature of the vampire with a conscience be what it is.

Sooo....6/10 for that Ms Rice.

I read the first 4 Vampire Chronicles books when I was at University, and really enjoyed them. I went back to Interview with the Vampire a couple of months ago to re-read it, and got about 50 pages in before giving up in disgust. The bleakness, the angst, the godforsaken depression! I couldn't take any more :rolleyes:

Recently I've enjoyed Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, Justina Robson's SF novels, and Lisa Jewell's books.

I read the first 4 Vampire Chronicles books when I was at University, and really enjoyed them. I went back to Interview with the Vampire a couple of months ago to re-read it, and got about 50 pages in before giving up in disgust. The bleakness, the angst, the godforsaken depression! I couldn't take any more :rolleyes:

I just couldn't stand the incessant, self pitying whining. It was just so boring

Da Vinci Code- Dan Brown

9/10

Brilliant

Neil Gaiman- the Graveyard Book. Brilliant read, couldn't put it down and now that I've finished it I'm pretty much starting it again.

You can't beat Gaiman.

Did you know it's loosley based on The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling?

Big Bad Wolf - James Patterson. 8/10 Wasnt brill but not bad - bit confusing with all the different names they had for 1 character...

London Bridges...James Patterson...the Wolf (from big bad wolf) meets the weasel (from pop goes the weasel) This book was a big let down...not very exciting & the end was rubbish.

Worst cross book I have read so far. 5/10

The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

He was never, ever going to be able to follow Shadow of the Wind but this book still drips with atmosphere and mystery and human feelings. Sinister goings on in early 20th century Barcelona with mysterious strangers, bent coppers, lost love and obsession.

8.5/10

On Writing by Stephen King. 10/10.

Rereading for the umpteenth time.

Part series of fuzzy snapshot autobiographical recollections, part toolbox of the craft for aspiring writers. Essential reading for the latter. Interesting and funny for the King fan.