Rate the last book you read

Oh and the ones by Pauline Mclynn, the woman who played the housekeeper in father ted. Shes written a trilogy about a female PI in Dublin, very funny.

Thanks for the suggestions, off to town tomorrow to get her some books, she had her op Friday and came home today.

Jack & Jill - James Patterson

8/10 - Im loving the Alex Cross series

Edited by Idler

the film is good, it has to be as tom hardy is in it, but as with many films doesn't touch on much of the thought provoking stuff the book gets at...

Yeah generally once you`ve read the book, the film has a hell of a lot to live up to. And that was an absolutely fantastic read.

I had a brief glance at Marley and Me in Smiths last week.. Might buy it one day.

Cat and Mouse - James Patterson. 10/10. The best Cross book so far

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale - fascinating historical whodunnit based on a true story - 8/10

Just finished 7th Heaven by James Patterson and as much as I love his books, I find it really hard to get into the 'Women's Murder Club'. It took me a lot longer than it should have done to finish and I thought the ending, which is usually a bombshell, was quite disappointing.....

Just finished 7th Heaven by James Patterson and as much as I love his books, I find it really hard to get into the 'Women's Murder Club'. It took me a lot longer than it should have done to finish and I thought the ending, which is usually a bombshell, was quite disappointing.....

I felt exactly the same about 7th heaven. I posted about it a while back.

I find them hard to get into and I have only enjoyed (I think) 2 or 3 of the murder club books.

I read alot of James Patterson books and Im just reading thru the Alex Cross series and I have to say Im impressed.

Wasnt keen on Pattersons early stuff but its readable. Ive read his newest ones and I feel that maybe he is running out of ideas.

7th Heaven though was a big let down for me and Im hoping 8th Confession will bring back the faith...

Interestingly I believe they have made a series for tv of womens murder club - I just cant find it anywhere...:mad:

Blood canticle, by Ann Rice.

I think the more that she writes the less good they get especially the vampire chronicles.

I really dislike the idea of Lestat wanting to be a Christian saint :rolleyes: just let the true nature of the vampire with a conscience be what it is.

Sooo....6/10 for that Ms Rice.

Bleeding Heart Square by Andrew Taylor

I've read a few of his books so knew what to expect in terms of atmosphere and well written characters. This one had a decent enough plot with enough different strands to keep me engaged and a subtle twist at the end.

7/10