Rate the last book you read

Similar to the "rate the last film" thread.

Book - 7th Heaven

Author -James Patterson

8/10. Not as good as the previous 6 in the womens murder club series - however still very gripping. Cant wait for the 8th Confession

The book of Shotokan Karate by John Van Weenan 6/10 I borrowed it from the Library thinking it would help with my Katas and stuff at Karate, it's mainly the author's autobiography, and only deals with Kata and other Karate basics towards the end of the book :(

Have started reading "Bronson" again before I send the book over to friends in australia. Excellent book, just hope the films as good.

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. A solid 8/10, and a good start to the Sword of Truth series of books.

Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith - fantastic. 9/10. This was really gripping. A serial killer is working in Stalin's Russia, but crime officially doesn't exist. Leo is a secret police man who risks his life trying to stop the murders.

Dinner with Mugabe - can't remember who it is by as I've already lent it to someone. 8/10This is a biography of Robert Mugabe. The author is a white women who grew up in Zimbabwe. As a young women she allowed her house to be used for meetings of the black political parties. One night a young Mugabe was at a meeting. His lift to the train station did not arrive so the women left her young son asleep alone while she drove him to the train station. The next day Mugabe phoned her to thank her for the lift and check her son had been ok. The book is this women trying to understand how Mugabe has gone from the friendley man she met to the apparent monster he is today. It is really interesting.

The Tommyknockers - Stephen King

4/10

I know its and old one but I've only got round to reading it last week.

I like Stephen King but this book isn't one of his best.

It is too long and a lot of pages don't really add anything to the plot.

If the book was 300 pages fewer it could be a good tight fast paced read, but as it is it is too long and slow

Right Ho! Jeeves-PG Wodehouse

10/10 Wonderful (especially when read in an imaginary Stephen Fry voice)

Oh that takes me back, I used to love the Jeeves stories. I think I will have to read them again to see if I still do.

I have just read Head Shot by Quintin Jardine. I am working my way through the whole series.

I have just read Philip Pullmans Dark Materials trilogy (Northern Lights, Subtle Knife & Amber Spyglass) and loved them! A great read for any fantasy lover!

The 1st was brilliant, 2nd was great for the 1st 1/2 and a bit tough going for the 2nd 1/2....3rd is amazing!

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan. 10/10.

Just finished reading it for the second time and it's still as brilliant as the first time I read it.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

The Damned United,quite good,would say 8 out of 10.

Things I want my daughters to know - Elizabeth Noble. 6/10

Bit of a chick flick but a nice easy read. Similar in style to Cecelia Aherns 'ps I love you'