Croft House Amateur Boxing Club

Can anyone tell me if the Croft House Amateur Boxing Club is still in existence. An uncle of min, the late Bob Bamforth, was involved in the club's early days, and it would be interesting to know if there is anyone still around with memories of this once-famous local club.

Can anyone tell me if the Croft House Amateur Boxing Club is still in existence. An uncle of min, the late Bob Bamforth, was involved in the club's early days, and it would be interesting to know if there is anyone still around with memories of this once-famous local club.

I used to do boxing at croft house. I remember the coaches Bob and Lionel Viney .There was also a coach called Mick Taylor.

I was originally coached by the late Lionel who taught me my basics when it came to punches (i did boxing as a teenager long before i did kickboxing a lot of people dont actually realise that).

I have a lot of fond memories of my time at croft house. I do know that "geordie" is still around though?

Ring any bells?

I am hoping to find someone who can tell me if the club is still in existence. Also if anyone knew Bob Bamforth when he was connected with the club.

I know it is a bit late in the response however, my grandpa was associated to Croft house. His name was Herbert Bamforth and did lots of stuff so I understand. He was awarded a beautiful clock on the 15th November 1972 of which I still have today for his invaluable service to the club. 

is this the Bamforth to which you refer?

I was dragged to Croft House one Sunday afternoon back in 76 by my Brother.

I remember the trainer was a small guy who wore sun glasses even though it was November black hair.

I can't remember his name but on the first visit I was having a heavy medicine ball bounced on my stomach and put in the ring with a lad about 6ft to my 5'3 and getting knobbled.

It was kind of mad and that put me off, I never returned