Please let me walk up Fargate without being stopped!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: What does that mean? Is it something rude?

Not at all - it's Russian for "I beg your pardon, I don't speak English"..;)

I hate the survey people they are so intent on getting there catch that they bump into folk as they arent looking where they are going , if Sheffield council are really intrsted about making the city attractive they should look at banning them so the place is safe to walk and look at getting rid of the beggars

There's no need to be rude to them, just say "no thank you" and carry on your way! :thumbsup:

The thing is, 'no thank you' doesnt work..........they come after you if you just say that. It isnt enough hence by original thread they come after you!!!

Its the same on the Moor.

I was walking down to Sainsburys yesterday at 4:50 to grab a few bits. I was in an almighty rush cos someone had offered me a lift home at 5, and this guy just came and stood in front of me "hello lovely lady" - grrrrrr!!! I just politely said "i'm in a rush, seriously". His response??? "Its ok, I can't talk to russians too!"

2 words - clever sod!!!

I had 3 people stop today one after another, it's highly irritating

I try to avoid Fargate just because of all this-i've not long since come back from Tenerife and this happens all over (more aggressive approach though i must say). I might have a T-shirt done with something humerous but to the point reading.........? Any ideas, lol!

Not at all - it's Russian for "I beg your pardon, I don't speak English"..;)

Knowing my luck, I'd probably get "Большой! Я также говорю на русском языке!" back......

Lucky me I don't get into town much anymore. I do love town though so I'd welcome a few random hours once in a while.

When I used to get onto Fargate regularly I'd always make sure I didn't make eye contact with the folks asking stuff and if they did happen to approach I'd just say 'no thanks', while smiling and continue walking at my usual fast pace. Works for me. :)

Knowing my luck, I'd probably get "Большой! Я также говорю на русском языке!" back......

Could well be - though I suppose that nowadays, the pollster is more likely to be Polish..;)

LOL!!! Thats what I've stated doing.

Another good one is pretending to talk on your mobile, they tend to leave you alone if you do that............

xXx

Don't let them catch your eye. Walk firmly, briskly and in the direction you want to and refuse to be stopped. If someone speaks to you say firmly 'no thank you'.

Works for me all the time.

Don't let them catch your eye. Walk firmly, briskly and in the direction you want to and refuse to be stopped. If someone speaks to you say firmly 'no thank you'.

Works for me all the time.

Why should anyone have to do this?