Please let me walk up Fargate without being stopped!

I walk up and down Fargate most dinner times (on my lunch hour) and I'm sick to death of people stopping me and asking for money, fill in a survey, join a cult or sign up for a catalogue (amongst quite a few others).

I dread walking up there now as they are so persistant and I've known them to follow me and shout snidey comments as I walk away. Its like harrassment sometimes!!!

:rant:

Rant over!!! LOL!!!

Just wondered if anyone else felt the same as me???

xXx

Oh yes, the charity donation people are the worst. One week they were trying to catch people by saying 'Can I ask you a question ?' to which I replied 'You just did' and walked off :)

Havent thought of a good reply to the 'What's your name ?' question yet :P

I treat it as sort of like doing a Slalom, seeing if I can avoid them all lol.

I treat it as sort of like doing a Slalom, seeing if I can avoid them all lol.

LOL!!! Thats what I've stated doing.

Another good one is pretending to talk on your mobile, they tend to leave you alone if you do that............

xXx

My technique is to smile politely and tell the charity collectors that i already donate by direct debit! It works like a charm and they don't feel that they've missed out on a catch!

Im deaf and i just point to me ears and mouth "im deaf" i get left alone then .......... you lot should do it !

They are a pain in the ****. I usually say to them "Простите, я не говарю по-английски". That shuts them up..:P

There's no need to be rude to them, just say "no thank you" and carry on your way! :thumbsup:

I know exactly what everyone is saying? I feel like running down there with a 2x4 and cracking all of them.

G.

They are a pain in the ****. I usually say to them "Простите, я не говарю по-английски". That shuts them up..:P

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: What does that mean? Is it something rude?