Ford Cortina..which MK shall I buy?

Rather want to add a Cortina to my classic stable, but stuck for which of the MK's I actually prefer.:loopy: I adore the MK I with its classic boxy frame and definitive 60's appeal, but I also love the greatly improved MK 2 with its versatility of editions.....also have a small penchant for the Coke bottle styled ultra cool 70's MK 3.....so many to choose from on Ebay......we have had all 3 of them in the family before so I know them all very well......but what do you do when you love all 3 versions.......only space for one.....

Edited by goldenfleece

hi fleece,

For me there can be only 1.....the 70's cool of the Mk 3. ok so it was my first car but hey it still rocks. only trouble is because of 'life on mars' the price has gone up on good examples. but forget the rest you cant beat a Mk3 2ltr GXL cortina :0)

makes me smile just thinking bout em

My first post on here !,but i have a goodwood green mk 1 V6 with a savage crossmember,minilites and all that which i love very much!!

My first post on here !,but i have a goodwood green mk 1 V6 with a savage crossmember,minilites and all that which i love very much!!

put a pic up....I may be inspired....

put a pic up....I may be inspired....

Sorry mate dont know how too,Bry

What, no Mk5? And when was the last time you saw a Mk 4 - it's the rarest of the lot...

What, no Mk5? And when was the last time you saw a Mk 4 - it's the rarest of the lot...

Did not like the post MK 3 models myself....they seemed to lose all the style and 'pazaz' of the earlier models.....but they do have a certain charm I guess....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cortina#Ford_Cortina_Mark_IV_.281976.E2.80.931979.29

Deffo a MK3 for me, the best of the lot

mk1 all the way, i'd love one, depends on your budget though cos they all cost a fortune

edit:

keeholden on fiancees account ;)

I know the MK's 1 2 and 3 are all premium priced......but you get a LOT of classic car for your money!!!!!

mk1 all the way, i'd love one, depends on your budget though cos they all cost a fortune

edit:

keeholden on fiancees account ;)

Yea i was at the goodwood festival of speed last year and a mk1 lotus made £125000 ! in the auction,it was the BTCC car that Graham Hill drove in 65 though so i guess its better than money in the bank in todays climate ? (ive got about a 12th of that in mine which i dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing-are old cars investments?

(ive got about a 12th of that in mine which i dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing-are old cars investments?

Yes.....far safer than property or savings.......classic cars only increase in value as they get rarer all the time....If I sank 100K into a real classic gem I would be assured of a far healthier return on my investment than a bank account......its all about choosing the RIGHT classic of course, and obviously something that is very special/rare and increasing in popularity with collectors...