Which internet provider is the best.

Persoanlly I used to have AOL and had no problems...the OH used to have AOL till he got a mac.

At the mo we have BT supposed to be 8mbps but its sooooooo slow. We have phoned them and they say we need to buy a new cable and its out fault its slow.

Bt are not cheap and to be honest - its taking ages to open any website esp in peak hours..

Contract due up soon so defo looking to swap.

AOL now cater for MAC so thats an option but what do you people think?

Heard about fibreoptic internet the other day - just noticed Virgin do them. Speeds of up to 50mb

---------------------

Edited by CVG-SERVICES

Thats fab!!! we are looking to change phones too!! thanks for info

-----------------------------------------

Edited by CVG-SERVICES

Fab - I just had a quick look on the website - seems really good.

Thanks for the tip - always useful to go on someones recommendation..

O2 (or BE, if you can put up with slightly inferior support with the bonus of superiour speed) - without question.

Despite the recommendations above I'd Personally avoid Virgin, BT (inc Plusnet), AOL, talk talk, etc. It really depends if you intend to use your connection to its potential or not (if you're not it's kind of pointless paying for it imho).

I'm with Be, the service was fine, and its the best speed I've experienced from the last 5 providers I've had. Its nowhere near their published max but I think thats down to the distance from exchange, its certainly the best I've had though.

I'm in Germany on Vodafone. 24MB broadband, unlimited free landline calls. About 27 quid a month all in. Perhaps they offer something similar in the UK?

im with tiscali and have been for some time. i pay 25quid a month i get free daytime and evening calls including international not mobiles. i get unlimited downloads, free line rental, free set top box. speed i have no idea because i wouldnt know how to get this information lol but its quick.

lol thanx for that videopro but it requires flash to go on that link and on another thread im having a nightmare with it.

AOL has always been very good for me, bt in this last 6 months it has seriously slowed down. I'm considering changing (either that or phoning up and having a good old whinge)