Google street view of Sheffield

I prefer it on Google Maps, as you can use the arrow keys to travel along the roads in Street View mode without having to click anywhere. Couldn't see a way of doing that in Earth.

just the same but click on the next camera

I wonder how many people against having their house picture online via Google would happily let an estate agent put the same picture online when selling? Same with Autotrader and the selling of a car.

People clearly just like to complain

Anyone found any other funny pictures of Sheffield on Street View?

Dontlookatme.jpg

this woman hiding in town

Bet its great for burgulars to stake out there target with out even having to go out the house to do it:hihi:

Bet its great for burgulars to stake out there target with out even having to go out the house to do it:hihi:

What would be the point in staking out using a static image?!

How?

It's a picture on a computer. Doesn't indicate if there is anybody in. Doesn't indicate if there is a vicious dog behind the door.

Most burglars are druggy opportunists who walk around estates looking with for an easy target. If they had access to a computer at all it would have been sold a long time ago to sort out their next fix!

Its really up to date the google map NOT I put my address in and it showed my house and the hedge i took out 2 weeks ago now is still there:hihi:.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooosssh! Your unrealistic expectation that this should somehow be in almost realtime is quite unbelievable!

How?

It's a picture on a computer. Doesn't indicate if there is anybody in. Doesn't indicate if there is a vicious dog behind the door.

Most burglars are druggy opportunists who walk around estates looking with for an easy target. If they had access to a computer at all it would have been sold a long time ago to sort out their next fix!

I wouldnt know I meant just from outside but then again Im not a pro at what you would look for obviously you are, so what else do you do when staking a property out then?. :hihi:.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooosssh! Your unrealistic expectation that this should somehow be in almost realtime is quite unbelievable!

Did I say anywhere that I thought it was in real time?so Woooosh back at ya for presuming something what I never even meantioned.:thumbsup:

Nearly the entire of Sheffield was photograph without people's consent.

No one needs consent to photograph Sheffield. Once that starts happening, you may as well chuck your camera away, as it won't stop there.

I wonder how many of the whingers would be the first to be demanding the police check CCTV footage if they're mugged in the city centre.

Or reveal loads of stuff about themselves on their Facebook accounts, what they're doing, what music they like, who they bank with, what time they sit on the bog.

If anyone really wanted decent quality photos of your house all they need to do is be a passenger in a car and have a good quality DSLR camera to get photos and detail far superior to anything Google have shown.

If you don't like it, paint your house a different colour or fill in some windows, that will REALLY confuse the nasty people on the internet masturbating to photos of your house or whatever it is you think they're doing!

Nearly the entire of Sheffield was photograph without people's consent.

No one needs consent to photograph Sheffield. Once that starts happening, you may as well chuck your camera away, as it won't stop there.

The difference between you photographing something with someone in it and a company doing is that a company is not allowed to do so commercially, this is where the DPA comes in place if you'd care to read above:

But the campaign group Privacy International says the website could be an invasion of privacy.

A spokesman said: 'These images are being captured without people's permission for commercial use, and we believe that is not legally acceptable.

I wonder how many of the whingers would be the first to be demanding the police check CCTV footage if they're mugged in the city centre.

Or reveal loads of stuff about themselves on their Facebook accounts, what they're doing, what music they like, who they bank with, what time they sit on the bog.

If anyone really wanted decent quality photos of your house all they need to do is be a passenger in a car and have a good quality DSLR camera to get photos and detail far superior to anything Google have shown.

If you don't like it, paint your house a different colour or fill in some windows, that will REALLY confuse the nasty people on the internet masturbating to photos of your house or whatever it is you think they're doing!

Facebook is a voluntary relinquishing of your personal information, Google is not. Again, you are a private person, Google is an organisation, this is where the legality comes in place.