Google street view of Sheffield

Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but it's already happening. There's black helicopters that fly over at night while we're sleeping and they drop micro-dust which films everything we do and say, and tracks us with GPS. Google Street View is nothing compared to this... Remember though - keep it to yourself...

You forgot to mention the Cameras and microphones they're installing in each of the new street lamp posts we're having installed in Sheffield ;)

You forgot to mention the Cameras and microphones they're installing in each of the new street lamp posts we're having installed in Sheffield ;)

It is very easy to mock, but we need to remember that the UK is the most spied on society in europe, if not the world.

We can laugh at the idea of nano robots being dropped into our garden to spy on our have every action or lamposts being fitted with cameras. But if we were having thsi conversation twenty years ago then the idea that we could log on to a hoem PC and see images of almost any building on the planet would provoked similar titters.

The problem isn't what can be done now, it is that everything we allow without challenge sets a precedence for the future. Changes will come in insidious small steps that head towards an unnacceptable loss of privacy.

If they had took the picture at night you would have seen more legless people :hihi:

Just noticed that her legs have the shadow of a full body :hihi:

So is she legless and shadowless, or upperbodyless?

I wouldnt know I meant just from outside but then again Im not a pro at what you would look for obviously you are, so what else do you do when staking a property out then?. :hihi:.

But a druggy can stake out a property by walking down the street. You don't have to be a pro to know this. Just a finger on the pulse of modern society. :loopy:

Originally Posted by Grissom View Post

You forgot to mention the Cameras and microphones they're installing in each of the new street lamp posts we're having installed in Sheffield (grin)

It is very easy to mock, but we need to remember that the UK is the most spied on society in europe, if not the world.

We can laugh at the idea of nano robots being dropped into our garden to spy on our have every action or lamposts being fitted with cameras. But if we were having thsi conversation twenty years ago then the idea that we could log on to a hoem PC and see images of almost any building on the planet would provoked similar titters.

The problem isn't what can be done now, it is that everything we allow without challenge sets a precedence for the future. Changes will come in insidious small steps that head towards an unnacceptable loss of privacy.

Was it a mock?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/escafeld01/roadsigncamera.jpg

Road sign camera at Broomhill.

Edited by crookes

I sometimes wonder if the 4 cats which have taken up residence in my home are in fact sophisticated cameras/spy devices, enabling The Illuminati or Skull and Bones or the WI to keep tabs on me because of my subversive and radical views and activities in the past. Maybe The White Rose is a sophisticated listening device too. She certainly collects plenty of my DNA.

Originally Posted by Grissom View Post

You forgot to mention the Cameras and microphones they're installing in each of the new street lamp posts we're having installed in Sheffield (grin)

Was it a mock?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/escafeld01/roadsigncamera.jpg

Road sign camera at Broomhill.

That's just a light to illuminate the sign. Aha! The Illuminati! I see what you're doing.

If they had took the picture at night you would have seen more legless people :hihi:

Just noticed that her legs have the shadow of a full body :hihi:

So is she legless and shadowless, or upperbodyless?

:hihi:

Good point! I wonder who she is?

She'd be great at a freak show :hihi:

Hey i like this, better then google earth has my house on that is over 8ys maybe older and i know has my old boat is still in the moorings when we left 7ys ago. This more upto date has its got my new fence and dont look like over grown jungle like the earth lol. Off to nosey now see if i spot anyone.

The legality is actually based on what the focus of the photo is. If it's a photo showing a general scene, then it's not breaching anything. If that were the case, photos of festivals, street shots in general, crowd scenes at football, and all other types of photos would be causing all sorts of problems. Google photographs areas, not specific houses, hence there's no breach of DPA.

(Before you mention disclaimers on tickets for events, disclaimers in law are the equivalent of cucumber in food. Totally pointless)

Hey! I like cucumber - but that's so funny!:hihi:

I had a look on there and I have to say its rubbish! it only goes down a limited number of streets and the quality of the pictures is very poor. Any one who's worried about the threat to civil liberties or privacy can relax it's a waste of time!!