Wybourn-what's it like these days?

well my aunt lived on maltravers cres age 96 and she had an air rifle shot at her windows it almost frightened her to death.

She also had two bogus water officials trying to get in.

Theres good and bad in all areas. I lived on there over 20 yrs with no problems, my parents over 40 yrs again with no probs.

I can think of much worse places to live.

Theres good and bad in all areas. I lived on there over 20 yrs with no problems, my parents over 40 yrs again with no probs.

I can think of much worse places to live.

Like Basra ?

I grew up there, its a bit rough but its not really that bad, IMO the middle bit around whites lane is the quietest.

I dont know whats happened with the schools, I was on streetview the other day and they've knocked down St Johns CofE so i presume they finnally merged St Oswalds and St Johns. I used to goto St Oswalds and it was crap, but if they merged and rebuilt the school etc then i guess its basically a new school so cant really judge.

Al Saints is a good secondary school though.

Really fast!!!

:hihi::hihi:

I was cycling through and got a 'what you looking at'. :hihi:

A few immature idiots who'll be a bit more grown up in a year or two. I have some good friends on Wybourn though and never had a problem there.

Like Basra ?

I grew up there, its a bit rough but its not really that bad, IMO the middle bit around whites lane is the quietest.

I dont know whats happened with the schools, I was on streetview the other day and they've knocked down St Johns CofE so i presume they finnally merged St Oswalds and St Johns. I used to goto St Oswalds and it was crap, but if they merged and rebuilt the school etc then i guess its basically a new school so cant really judge.

Al Saints is a good secondary school though.

the old st johns got torched about 3 or 4 years ago, and the remnants weredemolished.

Yes St O's and St J's merged and I believe they are now called "Bethany" school. They are on the St O's site.

me and my boyfriend grow up on there its not as bad as people make out ive lived on worse area,s were trying to get back on wybourn to be closer to our familys but nobody wants to move off there and exchange with us so if its sooooooooooo bad on wybourn why are we still in hackenthorpe and no ones ringing us to exchange from wybourn......!

had my car wheel trims taken on the wybourn ..:suspect: was doing 45 mph at the time :hihi: still could be worse look at darnall that place wants blowing up

Edited by jacklev1
missed word out

Does any one know of my father deceased John Finn who lived at 54 Southend Place till about 1945? He would have been about 29 them.

I remember going to visit my grandma Catherine Finn in the early sixties, the Wybourne Estate was quite an adventure for me at the time. My most famous recollection is of about six ice cream vans outside my grandmas house getting angry with one another (yes I did get an ice cream!)

I am trying to trace the family tree and have come unstuck at present as I have lost touch with any surviving relatives! I do know that I had some relatives called Dawson and Collins (my dads sisters) who lived on the estate too!

Edited by medusa bento
missed info out

hey joanne p. you still wanting an exchange. me and my family live on wybourn house road and want your area to be nearer to our family. send us a message if you still interested. ours is a 2 bed semi

its a dump and dont let anyone tell you otherwise,just take a walk around the streets and you will see what its like:gag:

Dont forget to tool up before you go !

Edited by Phil Anthrop

me and my boyfriend grow up on there its not as bad as people make out ive lived on worse area,s were trying to get back on wybourn to be closer to our familys but nobody wants to move off there and exchange with us so if its sooooooooooo bad on wybourn why are we still in hackenthorpe and no ones ringing us to exchange from wybourn......!

what type of property you got hun?

whos the landlord?

is there right to buy?

i got a house on wybourn and want to move asap x x x