Helicopter in the night at Totley, 17/03/09

Did anyone else get woken by the helicopter flying so low round the totley area last night about half 2 with lots of flashing lights? does anyone know what it was doing ?

more than likely it was SY99

no, but the police helicopter was flying around for the kids at Greenhill school yest morning :)

It's SY99. It constantly flies around Hillsborough late at night 3 or more evenings a week. On match days it seems like it just hovers near my house all day causing the most appalling noise. I know its SY99 because it's close enough for me to read POLICE on the tail.

What is SY99?

What is SY99?

Just a wild stab in the dark having read the other posts, but perhaps a helicopter?

does anyone know what it was doing ?

Flying around Totley at 2.30am.

SY99 is the call sign of the SY police helicopter. Like the one they use on the TV cop shows. If you are a geek like me you'll know that they all have a ...99 something or other.

It's SY99. It constantly flies around Hillsborough late at night 3 or more evenings a week. On match days it seems like it just hovers near my house all day causing the most appalling noise. I know its SY99 because it's close enough for me to read POLICE on the tail.

Recently its started doing my head in! Girlfriend is due in 2 months and we sleep little as it is - this thing has flown over our house in Hillsborough last 3 nights!

Recently its started doing my head in! Girlfriend is due in 2 months and we sleep little as it is - this thing has flown over our house in Hillsborough last 3 nights!

You'll have to let us know if the baby is born with rotors.

I've heard rumours that there was an accident involving a travelling circus on the A621 and a gorilla has escaped into Eccleshall Woods. The chopper's been scrambled to try and find it before it gets into Tesco's fruit and veg section and polishes off all the bananas. The incident has been kept quiet as they don't want to alarm local dog walkers.

Hope that helps!

You'll have to let us know if the baby is born with rotors.

Hope she/he will be a blades fan.