Do you drive/take the bus to work when you know you could walk?

Well I don't tend to sweat much.

And I wear Impulse 24hr Protection :)

Now I can face anything.

So you are a fat lass then?

How far do you have to walk?

You're lucky cos we have someone in our office judging by the smell, especially as the weather improves he's like a walking sweat gland on legs!

So you are a fat lass then?

How far do you have to walk?

You're lucky cos we have someone in our office judging by the smell, especially as the weather improves he's like a walking sweat gland on legs!

The poor guy. Lick his armpits.

No I am not a "fat lass" (btw that's not a very nice thing to say), I am a skinny boy.

The poor guy. Lick his armpits.

No I am not a "fat lass" (btw that's not a very nice thing to say), I am a skinny boy.

Just occurred to me it could be you from the office but I don't know! He's Skinny too! If it is you raise both your arms in the office when u read this!

When the weather is nice I tend to walk to and from work. I can't drive so a bus to take me the 3 miles to work takes 45 minutes (it goes round the loooong way). If I walk, I can be there in the same time, as I just cut across the fields.

Technically I could walk to work although it would take me about an hour to do so but I would stink for the rest of the day. Not great when you share a small office with several other people.

I much prefer the car. I enjoy the smell of rich exhaust first thing in the morning, although the fumes did smell so much nicer before they started fitting those damned catalytic converters on the petrol models.

Technically I could walk to work although it would take me about an hour to do so but I would stink for the rest of the day. Not great when you share a small office with several other people.

Yeh an hour is a bit much. I think any more than 30 mins and I'd use transport.

I much prefer the car. I enjoy the smell of rich exhaust first thing in the morning, although the fumes did smell so much nicer before they started fitting those damned catalytic converters on the petrol models.

Yes... they smell rather like a highly concentrated eggy fart.

Its a great idea everyone walks to where they are going so leaves the road free for me

Walked 4 miles in total today. I feel great, if a bit more tired than usual.

If I can do this every day I'll be sorted, although I may fade away if I don't eat some more to compensate. So, time to get the chocolate out :nod:

On the way back from work I passed a lot of people and most people returned a smile. You just don't get that on the bus.

I drive, why shouldn't i? I pay road tax for 365 days a year as someone else points out, petrol is better value (£1.30 by bus to town from home) i have my own choice of music, a certainty of a seat, air-con or heating to suit me, it's clean and fresh and comfy. And best of all I don't get any loonies sitting next to me, no I Pods tishing away... in fact should the question be "do you take a bus when you can drive?"

Walking would take too long as i do 16 miles round trip, with a heavy bag too.

Not really practical for me, it would take an hour and a half to walk.