Memories of shopping in seventies Sheffield

Bought my first drum kit from Hudsons as well.

van allen , saxone , colvins, austin reed, ravell, chealsea freak, western jean company, bunnies, hepworths, barney goodmans, suggs,blue bell, crazy daisy,c&a.

Barney Goodmans still have a shop on Ecclesall Road.

Barney Goodmans still have a shop on Ecclesall Road.

yes a few have still got shops in sheffield , suggs, did you know next used to be hepworths. ?

yes a few have still got shops in sheffield , suggs, did you know next used to be hepworths. ?

I recall back in the 60's looking over the Hepworth's building from the top of the YMC building on the opposite side. It was really strange, what was the back of the shops going down Fargate was infact the front of a row of very old houses with bay windows and a cobbled street. This had to be the original Fargate as the one that we now know was part of the graveyard to what is now the cathedral.

Two of my favourites as a kid where

Quadrant Stationers ( on the Moor) they had loads of posters.

Andrews which was somewhere near the City Hall

Redgates, the best toy shop in the world (so i thought)

I think everyones just about covered them all, my favorite was Cockaynes Basement bargins.

The Golden Griddle on Arundel Gate part of the four restaurants, gorgeous hamburgers and horlicks on Saturday teatime with my mum after an afternoon shopping

Does anyone know if there was ever any kind of guide to the shops produced in the sevenites at all?

dont know could have a look in the sheffield library in town, hope thats helpful to you .

Cavendish Woodhouse, Furniture store, High Street, Super Bargain Centre, furniture, Church Street, Cantors furniture, near B&C can't remember the name of the road, C&A, Boots Chemist, High street and the Moor.

schofields department store, walshes, bunnies,and saxone shoe shop