Yorkshire Water

They quoted me nothing to install the water meter, all free of charge and part of the lovely service from Yorkshire Water!

With ref to what i paid and when, and what my mate paid and when. Put it this way he bought his a year after me and paid twice as much! Makes no sense..

get a water meter, we have a 4 bed 4 bathroom house, dishwasher on every day and wash 3 cars weekly.

our bill is around £100 every 3 months

How much to have a water meter put in ? My bill just arrived £515 2 bed bungalow.

It's free. Mine was installed a couple of weeks after I applied. I also have a two-bedroom bungalow, and so your saving will probably be as much as mine (see post #23) if not more.

get a water meter, we have a 4 bed 4 bathroom house, dishwasher on every day and wash 3 cars weekly.

our bill is around £100 every 3 months

Are you serious? i am on a water meter and my bills were in excess of £150 that was before a big extension and i dont even wash my car at home. Can only imagine my bills being over £200 now :confused:

Are you serious? i am on a water meter and my bills were in excess of £150 that was before a big extension and i dont even wash my car at home. Can only imagine my bills being over £200 now :confused:

yes totally serious,

last bill was a couple of weeks ago for £85.

also my wife and daughter prefer to use the bath instead of the shower

Interesting variety of charges. I've been thinking of getting a water meter but heard it would make it more difficult to sell the house in future.

Ours is £500 for the year so what would be the best course of action to get this reduced??

edit: three bed semi only one bathroom no dishwasher hardly wash the car!

Edited by andyrad29

the problem is if you have a meter put in you can not have it taken out again you are stuck with it

We havent received our new bill yet, from 25/04/08 to 25/03/09, the bill was £469.08.

We're not on a meter, and only live in a 2 bed ground floor flat. I think somethings wrong with the bill for last year but YW said it was correct. I'm still not so sure, as I'm dreading this years bill.

I remember the days when we could use water for free. Is there a way of privatising fresh air?! :-)

the problem is if you have a meter put in you can not have it taken out again you are stuck with it

yes you can, after 12 months you can go back to rates

if that's the case there's no problem then, if anybody feels they would be better off with a meter all you have to do is try it if its worse with a meter go back to rates