Yorkshire Water

I remember the days when we could use water for free. Is there a way of privatising fresh air?! :-)

I agree,just another example of how we are all being taken for a ride by a bunch

of greedy con artists.We got our bill this morning and I took a quick look and then quickly put it away for reference,if needed.

TV License, Council tax, expensive gas & electricity, now expensive water. I wouldnt be surprised if in the next 50 years we are paying for the air we breathe!

When water meters first came out I don't know probably 20 odd years ago you had to pay for the installation. I was living in Ranmoor at the time and saved about £100 first year despite paying for the installation.

This is one time when size (of house) doesn't matter.

I've just checked the bank, I pay Yorkshire water £37/month, I think over 12 months. I've been out of the country for the last 3 months, so I should get some cash back.

4 bed, every day bath and dishwasher, and dont skimp on water, the car get washed once every six months whether it needs it or not.

£312 last year

£309 year before

£278 year before that

£258 year before that on a meter

I think someone needs to get out a bit more ??????????

Heh !! don't you get all offended.

In a previous house we were on a water meter and bills were around £30- £40a quarter.

Last year when the Water Rates arrived I went online and YW had a "calculator thingy" ie: how many peeps, baths or showers, dishwasher or not.....when i entered the info it said that we would prob not benefit with a meter....i darent risk it lol

New bill just come in...£429 (I think :confused:) £53 and a some pence a month over 8 months.

I actually like the 8 months payments.......get 4 months free :hihi:

Same as I like Council Tax over 10 months .....get 2 months free :hihi:

:rolleyes: might look into a water meter again though....we may fare better

I think I might have to give them a call and find out why the heck i'm paying so much after reading some of these replies. I wonder if it's a case of some people just pay it and dont query it and theses companies carry on getting away with it. A bit like all the utility companies come to think of it!

let us know what they say we pay about the same as you we just got ours in.

let us know what they say we pay about the same as you we just got ours in.

They said its because of the value of my house! So i'm going for a meter instead which is F.O.C. And if i dont like the meter in the first 12 months i can go back to rates...

My mum got her bill the other day and it was £240, paid over 8 months, we are in a 2 bed 1 bath and there is 1 adult and 2 kids, no shower no dishwasher.

I think someone needs to get out a bit more ??????????

Heh !! don't you get all offended.

I can go on! On average 2.1 cubic meters a week. Apart from when I wash my car, its 4 that week. :hihi:

the old saying you pay all that money and a bit of sun and we have a water shortage what do they do with the mony

They said its because of the value of my house! So i'm going for a meter instead which is F.O.C. And if i dont like the meter in the first 12 months i can go back to rates...

that is some thing we might just look into there is only 2 adults and one child 3 washer loads a week we use shower no dish washer i bet it would be cheaper for us. like the idea of if you dont like it go back.