Supermarket parking fine!

alright guys

i know some will not agree , it was probaly my fault . but i parked in XXX supermarket car park as usual and grabbed a sandwich from same XXX supermarket and did my morning admin/ banking / pay off bills duty . i thought i would get it done early so i can avoid queues and then rest whole afternoon. came back to my car with a PCN !!! from britiannia . arent this the dodgy company on watch dog a while back??

i spoke to store manager who basically fobbed me off. saying there are signs on the entrance and emphasising signs on the exit. but who would go through the exit sign as entrance .and the supermarket has nothing to do with britannia , and there are no signs from britiannia about 2 hr limit . but there is a sign from the XXX supermarket about the 2 hr limit - is this still valid .?

i have been parking in that XXX supermarket years but i never realise it had a 2 hr limit . i went over this limit whih i honestly hold my hand up to and do not need the critiscism to go with it .

i am just looking at the ticket , they have spelt the XXX supermarket name WRONG !!! i have been checking the supermarkets website just to 100% make sure , and i think the PCN company has spelt it wrong .

does that mean its invalid ? i have so many days to pay the reduce rate , its not life threatening but its a weekely shops worth of shoppiing for me !!!!

Edited by cv65user

ok i just took picture of the 2 hr limit sign by the XXX supermarket

but the PCN clearly doesnt match the XXX supermarket name as there is a spelling mistake , so this is 100 %

in sheffield , i dont know if i am allowed to say as its still early days

but yes the supermarket name has been definately spelt wrong , extra letter in it . will this stand ?

hi, dont loose any sleep over your ticket at the end of the day they cannot enforce you to pay if it is a private firm. tell them to do what monkeys do.

in sheffield , i dont know if i am allowed to say as its still early days

but yes the supermarket name has been definately spelt wrong , extra letter in it . will this stand ?

So if you admit it's your fault and the time limit is clearly stated and you just didn't look at it why are you trying to wriggle out of it? Just pay up and accept responsibility.

I think you are allowed to say it.

Why would you not be able to?

People have been in the Star as recently as a couple of months ago moaning at another company (Excel) for ticketing their car in Somerfields, Staples etc.. , and this is a tiny little web forum, so just go ahead and name the supermarket and location.

Jeez...

So if you admit it's your fault and the time limit is clearly stated and you just didn't look at it why are you trying to wriggle out of it? Just pay up and accept responsibility.

thx thats just the pthetic reply i needed . if you went to pay off banking bills and you got it short by 1 pence , would they let you off ? no , so why can not consumers have this right to businesses ?

if you are in the wrong, pay it and learn from it and stop moan like a old woman

hi, dont loose any sleep over your ticket at the end of the day they cannot enforce you to pay if it is a private firm. tell them to do what monkeys do.

that is what i thought too