Owlerton dogs - live Sky 17/3

There are two and a half hours of live greyhound coverage on Sky Sports Extra, tonight (17 March) from Sheffield's Owlerton Stadium.

The Betfair Trainers' Championship. The top six in the 2008 Trainers' Championship standings take part in this prestigious event. Last year's winner was Seamus Cahill.

what time does it start?

Good point. 7.30pm-10pm. I will see some but expect to be watching the Hull cup-tie on Setanta.

Might have to have a look at that, can always watch that on pc and watch footy on tele if its possible m8, i might be able to send you a stream of the greyhounds if you remind me later.

Might have to have a look at that, can always watch that on pc and watch footy on tele if its possible m8, i might be able to send you a stream of the greyhounds if you remind me later.

Thanks but it's okay. I don't bet so it's not that vital except the dogs racing will be better than normal at Owlerton. I can watch it around the match and might catch a race itself while there's a soccer injury. The races usually go off on time. I just thought the quality was worthy of bringing it to the locals' attention.

Thanks but it's okay. I don't bet so it's not that vital except the dogs racing will be better than normal at Owlerton. I can watch it around the match and might catch a race itself while there's a soccer injury. The races usually go off on time. I just thought the quality was worthy of bringing it to the locals' attention.

Defo m8 nowt wrong with a bit a Greyhounds, i go there quite a lot myself.

7:40 a 500m race looks quite straight forward for Charlie Lister to start well and never be headed in this years championship, with Trap2 TULLYMURRY KIARA, she looks set to lead from the start and only needs to hold Trap4 early to go onto score, at the expense of Trap1 and Trap4 battling for the minor honours.

8:00 a 280m sprint race, looks a match between Trap2 GLENROE GINGER (5 wins from last 6) and Trap6 TYRUR HESTOR (6 wins from last 8), both greyhounds have broken the clock at Sheffield over this sprint distance recently, and can not split them.

8:15 a 500m race, its not a two dog affair as betting suggests and it may pay to have a little interest on Charlie Lister runner in Trap4 TYRUR KIRK at odds around 7/2.

8:35 a 660m race, no proven stayers in the field and a lot of ifs and buts, so best left alone, with Trap6 likely to be short and has yet to race over this trip in Ireland, but his 4 bend form will ensure he sets a blistering pace and probably stay on to win.

8:50 a 500m race, one of the leading Derby fancies is on parade and NINJA JAMIE in Trap2 will take all the beating

9:10 a 500m race, sees the favourite for the show piece Derby in Trap3 FEAR ZAFONIC running, likely to be odds on, but looks the part and is worth including in doubles and trebles, his trial of 28.67sec on the 12th March is a quick as an aeroplane would go and would take a special run to get near him.

9:25 a 660m race, sees Trap4 DROOPYS CAVALHO at odds of around 7/4 is worth a good bet, a good break will see him lead from start to finish, his first time over the distance but has been staying well over 575m at Romford and the addition 85m will suit, get on.

9:45 a 500m race is a pure match between Trap3 and Trap6, with the more consistent starter in Trap6 BOHERNA BEST taken to get first run and stay there.

Courtesy of Trap 6, who usually get 3 winners from 6/7 races

Tullymurry Kiara just pinged in at 5/4 for the 7.40

Tyrur Hestor also won the 8.00 at 6/4

Edited by Teabag

Tullymurry Kiara just pinged in at 5/4 for the 7.40

Tyrur Hestor also won the 8.00 at 6/4

Nice one Teabag did you back them, i hope you did :thumbsup:

Missed all of em Corker - out for St Pats Day:partyhat:

7:40 a 500m race looks quite straight forward for Charlie Lister to start well and never be headed in this years championship, with Trap2 TULLYMURRY KIARA, she looks set to lead from the start and only needs to hold Trap4 early to go onto score, at the expense of Trap1 and Trap4 battling for the minor honours.

Won at 5/4:thumbsup:

8:00 a 280m sprint race, looks a match between Trap2 GLENROE GINGER (5 wins from last 6) and Trap6 TYRUR HESTOR (6 wins from last , both greyhounds have broken the clock at Sheffield over this sprint distance recently, and can not split them. Won at 5/4:thumbsup:

8:15 a 500m race, its not a two dog affair as betting suggests and it may pay to have a little interest on Charlie Lister runner in Trap4 TYRUR KIRK at odds around 7/2. Close...2nd at 5/1

8:35 a 660m race, no proven stayers in the field and a lot of ifs and buts, so best left alone, with Trap6 likely to be short and has yet to race over this trip in Ireland, but his 4 bend form will ensure he sets a blistering pace and probably stay on to win.

Won at 9/4:thumbsup:

8:50 a 500m race, one of the leading Derby fancies is on parade and NINJA JAMIE in Trap2 will take all the beating

Won at 2/7:thumbsup:

9:10 a 500m race, sees the favourite for the show piece Derby in Trap3 FEAR ZAFONIC running, likely to be odds on, but looks the part and is worth including in doubles and trebles, his trial of 28.67sec on the 12th March is a quick as an aeroplane would go and would take a special run to get near him.

Did not run:(

9:25 a 660m race, sees Trap4 DROOPYS CAVALHO at odds of around 7/4 is worth a good bet, a good break will see him lead from start to finish, his first time over the distance but has been staying well over 575m at Romford and the addition 85m will suit, get on.

Did not run:(

9:45 a 500m race is a pure match between Trap3 and Trap6, with the more consistent starter in Trap6 BOHERNA BEST taken to get first run and stay there. Trap 3 won at 7/4 Trap 6 2nd - reverse forecaste here:thumbsup:

Edited by Teabag

There are two and a half hours of live greyhound coverage on Sky Sports Extra, tonight (17 March) from Sheffield's Owlerton Stadium.

The Betfair Trainers' Championship. The top six in the 2008 Trainers' Championship standings take part in this prestigious event. Last year's winner was Seamus Cahill.

Charlie Lister is favourite to be top trainer.

I know him he has the wood yard just past dunham bridge ,

His trophy room at home is a sight for sore eyes. magnificent.

Once went years ago and he had a smelly little jack russell which had one of it's legs bit off by a greyhound, it was 21 years old then and still full of life.

Charlie Lister had a good night last night - 5 winners on the card