Nonnas on Ecclesall Road

Explains why they "restructured" themselves recently eh?

New company Nonnas (Sheffield) Ltd registered 5th March 2010.

As reported gleefully by the ever toadying Telegraph who has form in reporting local companies are restructuring themselves before they shaft all their creditors (anyone remember saxton mee?)

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/Changing-times-at-Nonnas.6291654.jp

Only director currently listed is Daniel Peter Jackson who is the General Manager...

I will boycott them from now on as I find this kind of behaviour immoral.

I hope HMRC chases down the directors and sticks them in court.

I agree with you. It is totally immoral. The two founders of the business 'continue as employees'. Afterall the money they must have made out of the business over the year's they are still allowed to carry on as they would have if they had run their business honestly. Shameful.

I agree with you. It is totally immoral. The two founders of the business 'continue as employees'. Afterall the money they must have made out of the business over the year's they are still allowed to carry on as they would have if they had run their business honestly. Shameful.

.... and they're busy raving about their latest awards on their facebook page.

i agree but do you really think they will care what anyone says as long as the line up of "wannabes" and 10 bob millionaires poseurs continue to trudge to the frankly quite poor facade of a cafe bar and spend their money on overpriced and overated food and drink? i doubt it!! they are not on their own this is how many businesses carry on from hard times "thats life " as they say!

I have never been in as can't get past the glaring orange yummy mummys outside :o

i agree but do you really think they will care what anyone says as long as the line up of "wannabes" and 10 bob millionaires poseurs continue to trudge to the frankly quite poor facade of a cafe bar and spend their money on overpriced and overated food and drink? i doubt it!! they are not on their own this is how many businesses carry on from hard times "thats life " as they say!

Nonnas has never known any 'hard times', it's just a con trick!

yes i agree, poser place

Sorry If I'm repeating here but haven't read the whole post....

Nonna's is literally the most laughable place, everyone sits facing outwards. I presume this is for one of two reasons, the first so that they can be seen by the pleb masses who wish to be a 10p millionaire like them. The second reason is that someone might touch their big shiny car that they park bang outside and drive home after a polite amount of over priced wine.

Sorry If I'm repeating here but haven't read the whole post....

Nonna's is literally the most laughable place, everyone sits facing outwards. I presume this is for one of two reasons, the first so that they can be seen by the pleb masses who wish to be a 10p millionaire like them. The second reason is that someone might touch their big shiny car that they park bang outside and drive home after a polite amount of over priced wine.

The daft thing is a lot of them are real millionaires, Sheffield has so few places for them to strut their stuff, Nonna's simply stepped in and offered it's services.

For me, £10.00 for a sandwich and a coffee is about £5.00 too much, maybe just me, but it's my opinion.

well, if they are millionaires they are not spending their money there. Recently heard they went out of business owiong £300,000 to creditors. They re-opened under a different company name. That's what i heard anyway.

I used to have a drink there now and again. Everyone in their was <removed> and really patronising. The staff were nice though.

Edited by mort

That's great isn't it? I wonder if the tax they couldn't be bothered to pay had actually been deducted from employee wages, if so surely that would be theft.

If Nonnas can get away with not paying their taxes and VAT then it hardly encourages other companies to be honest.

The bit that bothers me in the Yorkshire Post article is "Nonnas (Sheffield) Ltd continues to purchase from and support all the small businesses that the company Nonnas Restaurants Ltd used before voluntarily liquidating."

It basically reads "they extended us credit and were mugs before, so they'll be mugs again". I hate phoenix companies - it's always the suppliers and employees that lose out. :mad:

The bit that bothers me in the Yorkshire Post article is "Nonnas (Sheffield) Ltd continues to purchase from and support all the small businesses that the company Nonnas Restaurants Ltd used before voluntarily liquidating."

It basically reads "they extended us credit and were mugs before, so they'll be mugs again". I hate phoenix companies - it's always the suppliers and employees that lose out. :mad:

I think if I were supplying this "new" company I'd want paying up front. Crooks.