You see..what u want to see..

You might not agree with me....but after reading topics related to buying/selling market (on other forums as well)... i have come to this conclusion

"YOU SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE"

I still try to find a landlord saying house prices will continue to fall for long time....and all buyers want to read about a continuous fall in house price (some even thinking may be they can get a house free one day....:hihi:)

Being a FTB... u can guess what i want to read and say.......I am confused...and sorry to say.....do not think this forum or any other forum would be of great help(I respect every body's views here)

Edited by down2earth

You might not agree with me....but after reading topics related to buying/selling market (on other forums as well)... i have come to this conclusion

I still try to find a landlord saying house prices will continue to fall for long time....and all buyers want to read about a continuous fall in house price (some even thinking may be they can get a house free one day....:hihi:)

Being a FTB... u can guess what i want to read and say.......I am confused...and sorry to say.....do not think this forum or any other forum would be of great help(I respect every body's views here)

I think your right, most people have got their own agenda's on what they want to happen and that can transpire into their posts, I do try to be as objective as possible but in the business I am in I do also have to try and be positive, personally I think we are over the worst of the crash and very near the bottom of the price drop but things wont start to recover properly until early next year. If you look at basic supply & demand economics we could be in for another massive price rise starting in 2011 as there will be more households than houses so should be an "interesting" next couple of years!

Please don't take offence by this but I think you being confused (your own comment) is the reason you have drawn this conclusion. There are of course differing opinions on the housing situation and many sub-arguments to the main argument on here: will prices continue falling? However if you don't have a view on this it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else is wrong. Im not in a position of authority on this topic and am definitely a novice but as a FTB you should take part and try to pick things up. Ask questions if you are unsure and maybe you will find things out.

Check out nethouseprices to see how much houses have sold for in the past - http://www.nethouseprices.com/. Even if you don't have an opinion on where prices are going in the future you can at least see what they have been selling for. You can get an idea of what people are paying for houses in the area/s you are looking at.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is don't listen to Bonjon, he doesn't even know where he lives!:hihi:

If you look at basic supply & demand economics we could be in for another massive price rise starting in 2011 as there will be more households than houses so should be an "interesting" next couple of years!

Until unemployment starts dropping and banks loosen their lending criteria then the demand isn't going to matter all that much. If people haven't got the access to the cash to buy a house, they can't. I don't know how true it is and don't have any figures but there were some articles a few weeks back about significant numbers of young people moving BACK to their parents. They surely don't want to do this and are part of the demand for housing but if they've no choice what can they do?

dimitri mate - stop reading "reports", they are out of date before you see them.

dimitri mate - stop reading "reports", they are out of date before you see them.

Unemployment will be probably be worse than the last set of figures and house prices will probably be lower than the last set of figures.

Unemployment will be probably be worse than the last set of figures and house prices will probably be lower than the last set of figures.

on the other hand I`ve just taken on 3 new staff and borrowed a couple of hundred thousand to buy a house .......... go figure.

once again your behind the curve.

Edited by saxondale

on the other hand I`ve just taken on 3 new staff and borrowed a couple of hundred thousand to buy a house .......... go figure.

once again your behind the curve.

This is anecdotal though, im sure there are plenty of people who are doing well at the minute. Wetherspoons and Domino's Pizza are 2 companies who have seen their profits rise recently but this doesn't mean we aren't in a recession.

Don't look at the LR figures etc. if you don't want but it's the only real way to see what has happened in terms of the housing market. They might be a bit behind but look how long things took to turn round in the last crash - 2 years of stagnation! The reports are as on the ball as you can get - what's the alternative, going out and asking people? If you did that everyday for a month you wouldn't even talk to half of the people in Sheffield.