Police metal detector at Cineworld, Friday 13th March?

and i repeat my first post

that i find that worrying even in these " modern times"

So do I! It's very troubling.

Did none of you read this, from someone who works there:

Or this, from someone who bothered to ask the police who were there:

richardquinn

I wold have refused to enter the cinema and asked to see the manager to ask why he wanted the police treating his customers as potential criminals.

I was down there on Friday night between about 6.45 - 7.15 pm and watched this "security" taking place.

Having been through many airport controls i watched and laughed!

Most people, MOST people, were asked to walk through the "sensor" and many "bleeped".

When the entry was clogged up...many people walked on by without having to walk through the sensor as the Police were preoccupied.

FEMALE SEARCHES: Females bags/handbags were taken off them afore they walked through the censor.....now the bags were never searched or screened..Hmmm do not females carry weapons??

BLEEPED PEEPS: Everyone that bleeped were asked to remove; belts, buckles, boots with buckles etc etc etc

When they had removed most of these items and still "bleeped" they were laughingly "waved" through!

Throughout the 1/2 hour I watched (whilst waiting to pick someone up from the cinema) I thought...what is the point??:confused: It seemed to be a half hearted operation ......and certainly they did not "screen" everyone.

I think that this type of operation, unfortunately, is a sign of the times, but I would have been more comforted that my family were entering a place of entertainment with a more thorough and rigourous approach.

I also thought at the time....have they had problems there before? is that why they feel the need to use this screening? But then again it was haphazard..:rolleyes:

Edited by cd1965

I'd be worried about going to a cinema which needed protection from knife crime. I would choose to go to one of the many others which don't need a police search to enter.

I am wondering whether to cancel my booked transAtlantic cruise; I hear they carry lifeboats and do emergency drills. Now they wouldn't do that unless they thought the ship might sink or catch fire, so I'll wait till I can get one with no lifeboats and no crew emergency drills.

(No dafter than what you said)

I work at sea so I know all about emergency drills and lifeboats. I do emergency training for all eventualities and I see the need for them. It's proven that they save lives.

I also accept the need for strict security whilst flying. It makes me angry that I have to go through all that indignity, but I direct my anger at the nutters who hijack planes and fly them into buildings.

Now we get to cinemas. Why should I accept being searched on entering a cinema? It's not a place which suffers from deadly emergencies, or from terrorist attacks. I have never heard of any stabbing in a cinema.

So why should I allow myself to be searched when I go to Cineworld?

are we really saying that having metal detectors at cineworld is a good thing ?

i hope your kidding

Would equipment used for illegal recording of releases contain enough metal to set them off, just wondered seen as nobody's mentioned it yet...?