Lidl, Chesterfield Road, Sheffield

we was getting post for it way way back even before they started building it! just thought i'd mention it

we was getting post for it way way back even before they started building it! just thought i'd mention it

We were getting (receiving)

I was getting (receiving)

It opens thurs 11th june 8am:)

WHY is everybody slagging lidl off and saying its for chavs thats pathetic at the end of the day we all have to live and if it wasent for lidl it would be a masive treck for me down to hillborough up a big hill on way back which when you have a little baby aswell and i live on a very very tight budget like most of us dosent make me a chav

Cos some people like to be faceless morons online, unfortunately! Don't let em get you down!

Lidl isn't so cheap anyways compared with the other supermarkets, although their balsam tissues are extremely cheap - ideal for me since I have terrible hayfever!!! At the mo I get the from the Rotherham store when I have to visit there for work! Now I can just pop in when I am off to the gym!

WHY is everybody slagging lidl off and saying its for chavs thats pathetic at the end of the day we all have to live and if it wasent for lidl it would be a masive treck for me down to hillborough up a big hill on way back which when you have a little baby aswell and i live on a very very tight budget like most of us dosent make me a chav

Well said,I am sick of seeing the word chav applied to anyone who does not drive a 4x4.I am greatly looking forward to shopping at the new Lidl,it's about time we had a decent foodstore in this area.

I shop at Lidl sometimes and I am far from a 'chav'. I think people just enjoy writing the word chav. It is the closest supermarket to me and like mummysaz I have a 11 month old daughter and I don't wish to trek for ages to find a supermarket with a teething grouchy baby in tow. Lidl is a good shop and like a previous post says, it is not as cheap as some supermarkets. I would rather shop somewhere like Lidl and have some money spare but have a full fridge and cupboards, rather than having to pay bus fare to get to somewhere like Hillsbrough or Town. And then spending way more than what I would do. I prefer just going to the shops and buying what I actually need but if I go to Hillsbrough or Town, they have baby clothes and then I end up buying more clothes for my daughter than she doesn't actually need :hihi:. So Lidl is a good local shop and stops me spending money that I really don't need to spend. So Lidl is not a 'chav' supermarket as you put it, can you actually brand a supermarket 'chavvy'?

Lidl, Halifax Rd; the car park usually hosts some very posh cars. A friend, who used to meet up with work colleagues in Sainsburys car park on Archer Rd, has witnessed Aldi customers switching their shopping into Sainsbury bags as they loaded the car!

I shop at Lidl sometimes and I am far from a 'chav'. I think people just enjoy writing the word chav. It is the closest supermarket to me and like mummysaz I have a 11 month old daughter and I don't wish to trek for ages to find a supermarket with a teething grouchy baby in tow. Lidl is a good shop and like a previous post says, it is not as cheap as some supermarkets. I would rather shop somewhere like Lidl and have some money spare but have a full fridge and cupboards, rather than having to pay bus fare to get to somewhere like Hillsbrough or Town. And then spending way more than what I would do. I prefer just going to the shops and buying what I actually need but if I go to Hillsbrough or Town, they have baby clothes and then I end up buying more clothes for my daughter than she doesn't actually need :hihi:. So Lidl is a good local shop and stops me spending money that I really don't need to spend. So Lidl is not a 'chav' supermarket as you put it, can you actually brand a supermarket 'chavvy'?

Can you brand a supermarket 'chavvy'? As previous, I don't think Lidl is, but as a student I worked for Kwiksave, and that place was 'chavvy' before chavs even existed! Ha! Honestly - God, I saw some right stuff working there... As Alan Bennett once wrote, I touched life at many points!

Lidl, Halifax Rd; the car park usually hosts some very posh cars. A friend, who used to meet up with work colleagues in Sainsburys car park on Archer Rd, has witnessed Aldi customers switching their shopping into Sainsbury bags as they loaded the car!

Switching bags? That's weird, since you could bag them in other brands bags in store, but funny!

Lidl, like many continentaly based supermarkets sell a different range of products. Some are well suited to the u.k. and others are not. Just because the product may not meet with the approval of some customers, it does not mean it is a bad product. These shops would soon stop selling them if they were not being purchased. As has been said previously, it is a case of try it and see. Some of the products are very acceptable to Me, others are not so.

The ones I like may not be the ones others like. I do not however think that they are bad, they are just not to my taste. There are plenty products in Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda etc that I do not like either.

I get a wide range of fresh fruit from Lidl. You don't need to know German to recognise an advocado. I can read enough German and French to read the contents and instructions if necessary but I never had to. Seems pretty chavvy to me to not like a supermarket because it originates from the EU. I am greatful for this supermarket in Chesterfield Road as it will cut my costs considerably both what I buy and the travelling costs too. I occasionally go to other supermarkets such as Tescos Sainsburys and Morrisons and am always shocked how much I have to pay for the same type of goods I buy in Lidl. Lidl are even better these days since they started selling fair trade and organic goods. They also do reasonably priced free range chicken and eggs.

I like Lidl, and I'm very fussy about food - quality, origin etc... Great place, and generally far better quality than own brand supermarket food. Tesco have recognised the threat, hence creating all those duff discount brands that sound like you'd see them in Lidl or Aldi. I'll be shopping in the new Lidl - mainly for cured meats, pickles and their jam. Also find their fruit and veg worth a look. Although I wouldn't turn my nose up at anything they stock, just because of where it's being sold.