Sign in to follow this  

George Ibbersons Sorby street.

Anyone work at this place in the 70s, I remember working with Judy Cound, Hilda Howe,

jeff the union man, my best friend then Pam in the warehouse.

The manager was ken who had a brother vic. Think two of the grinders were tommy and Brian. Im absolutely rubbish with second names but i hope someone will remember.

They then joined up with a company next door and moved to scotland street.

The drivers were Jackie and then June, i think Jackie later worked at Atkinsons.

Very happy memories of this firm.

Both me and my hubby worked for George Ibberson. The manager while we were there was George Hale. Sampson was the second name of the brothers Ken and VIc. Quite a few of my family have worked for George Ibberson at various times over the years.

Both me and my hubby worked for George Ibberson. The manager while we were there was George Hale. Sampson was the second name of the brothers Ken and VIc. Quite a few of my family have worked for George Ibberson at various times over the years.

Were you at the pitsmoor one that did scissors, or the one in town that did knives.

Before they joined up to make the one on scotland street.

I was at the one in town that made knives, but they`d already been joined up a while before they moved to Scotland Street I believe