Anyone work at Tiffany's Night club sheffield in 70s.

Hi, just found this page whilst browsing the internet. I was in the first band to play at Tiffany's nightclub when it opened in 1968 and we were resident there for three years. The New Society [4 lads and 2 girls]. I loved Sheffield and made many friends whilst I was there. As I worked in Tiffany's I got to go into all the other nightclubs for free, The Cavendish, Fiesta, Penthouse, Black Swan. Great times.

To Toshie

Very interested at your time at Tiffanys. Do you remember Ronnie Tait scots guy singer he was my brother. I also remember Alan guitarist and Eve singer can you remember their last names I have forgot. I think they were brother and sister not sure. I was down there a lot at that time to see my brother, would be nice to know if you knew him My brother sang there at that time I am sure

Hi Pammy, great to hear from you. Yes I was the drummer in the band when Ronnie joined us. I had always been the male lead vocalist until I had trouble with my throat and that is when we got Ronnie in. He had a great voice and I enjoyed working with him. I was looking up the band members about two years ago and found out through my reserach that Ronnie had died. A couple of years previous to that I had been to the Edinburgh Festival and watched a lot of street acts. From what I have read, Ronnie had a regular spot by the Cathedral so I must have stood and watched him without realising who he was. Such a shame I missed him. I have watched some of the YouTube videos of him, in the blues band, and when I read his obituary about all he had done I did some further research and I have purchased all the singles that he released [and a number 1 in there as well]. Alan and Yvonne were not brother and sister but all the band, including myself, came from the Letchworth area in Hertfordshire. Alan [Quinn] now lives in America and runs his own company that creates and supplies vehicle registration software and I found him on 'LinkedIn'. Yvonne [Rickner] is now retired and lives in Bately in Yorkshire and I found her on 'FaceBook'. Richard [Green] the keyboard player still lives in Sheffield and is now retired. I worked with him for many years in different bands. Joe [Chojecki] who ran the band now lives near to Southampton after living in Spain for many years and he had a string of 'Fish and Chip' shops. I myself stayed professional, drumming and singing, until 2001 when I went into teaching ICT in a local college. I now live in Manchester and am semi retired, teaching three days a week and looking to join a band again. Hopefully this has brought you right up to date with what we are all doing. I'm so sorry about Ronnie and I'm also sorry that I can't remember you. Sorry if I have rambled on but thank you for getting in touch and hopefully we can stay in touch. Keith

To Toshie

Thank you so much for replying so soon, it really means a lot to hear about Ronnie. You are aware he died very suddenly 5 years ago. Its been such a sad time as I was really close to him and still miss him every day. it is so sad that you probably saw him at St Giles Cthedral busking during the festival and you did not realise it was him. He was very well known here for his blues singing as that is always what he wanted to do. He made a cd that he used to sell playing all the instruments and most of his own songs. I have a lot of copies left and would be happy to send you one. I have just joined this forum and not sure how things work, I just wanted to research the early days as I have made up books with photos later on for my grandson to see.

If it is any consilation I cannot remember you either. I knew Alan as Ronnie shared a flat with him, he was a really nice guy and I remember Eve. I looked on facebook to see Eve and only found an Yvonne RicknerPearson dont know if thats her she just looks so different from what I remember. I am not on linkendin so dont think will be able to look Alan up. I have a picture of Ronnie, myself and Alan who had rollers in! Do you happen to remember Christine he was Ronnies girlfriend dont know what happened to her.

I thank you again and as I said would be happy to send you a copy of Ronnies cd

Pam

Hi Pammy,

Are you on Facebook? Let me know if you are and we could send messages through that or email to save using the forum. Yes, the Yvonne Rickner that you found on FaceBook is the correct one, she has had a double barrelled name since she got married. I haven't spoken to Alan Quinn for a couple of years but have messaged him through LinkedIn to see if he will send me an email address for you. I'd love one of Ronnie's CDs. Let me know the price and the cost of the postage and I'll send it to you.

Keith

To Toshie

Not on facebook but e mail is hendersonpamela0@gmail.com

Meant to say you can find Ronnie under the Rootsie Tootsie bluesband,Ronnie Rootsie and in the earlier days he was Ronnie Jack and can be seen on the german version of top of the pops signing Maryanne. You probably know that.

Let me know and will be happy to send cd and I do not want any money. I think Ronnie would be really pleased to know that you had researched him and bought his work.

Cheers

Pam

my dad worked there his name is terry

Was your dad a doorman their? If so I knew him.

My mum and dad was djs at Tiffanys on london road that time but also had a residency at tiffanys in rotherham for a number of years mid 70 to early 80s. The Tiffanys in rotherham had another little room crystal goblet and remember a woman called yvonne worked there and i believe morris green was the manager and mick and brothers phil and tony hadley worked the doors. remember when i was about 5 year old going in the day time with my mum and dad when they was doing the sound check and playing with my cars on the dance floor. shame its not there i went when it was liquid and still had a good time.

Edited by glyn75

I worked as  a glass collector 1974-1976 Howard Arthur was my boss,Danny was manager,Brian was the DJ and The Walers were the resident band that played all the covers of rock groups of the day.Had great times especially Christmas and New Year parties,saw loads of stuff I can't tell on here.Always very crowded and met and made friends with lots of people.I remember they had a machine that sold Polo mints for 3p also had a bar that sold milk! Very rarely any  trouble, and remember lots of sexy women out for a good time.Even to this day I think back to my time and wonder what Howard,Danny,Brian and other staff are up to,I remember Olive ,she was one of bar staff who I shared a taxi ride home with...............great times remembered.

I worked there in mid 70’s as a door supervisor , Ken being my head supervisor , was your name Brian ( art Garfunkel) lookalike, can you remember Jose catering manager, remember the free sandwich you got and had to eat it upstairs , remember all the staff even now, some great times,  mark

I'm Paul,I remember Ken a very kind man,the catering manager ,didn't like him,yes we had break up where the spot light was.

Think it was The Wales or Walers, very good band ,they played "Smoke on the water " brilliantly, also Ronnie Lanes "How come" and many other songs too very good.