Where can I get motorbike battery nuts n bolts?

I know it sounds like a daft question, but i took the battery of my bike and lost one of the bolts.

I want to know if i go in to a bike shop, would they sell me 1?

Can you give a detailed description of the bolt, ie, is it a special or standard type? What is its length, thickness, how far along does the thread go? Is it a cap or hexagon head? DIY stores usually keep standard sizes.

I cant describe them as i have lost them! They fit on a Triumph TT 600 battery.

http://www.onroadzone.com/tt600/tt600_1.jpg

I would say that they were about 10 to 15 mm long and about 5mm wide, just connectors really! square nut on em

Ive got a tinful of all sizes metric nuts and bolts, you are welcome to have a look although I live at Wadsley Bridge. Working this w/end though, will be out by 11.15am.

Go to trade direct at wooley wood bottom,they'll be able to sort you out,shut at 12 today though.Or Jeff Halls.

I have a couple of suggestions. Use a hack saw to cut down a suitable sized bolt to fit your battery, use the corresponding nut. Another couple of good sources are Paul at Manhattan MC and Mick Flynn's shop at Langsett Road.

Be well

Pete

There only 10mm bolt heads with 6mm threads (metric) about 15-20mm in length,any hardware place should stock them.You may have to cut them down though.Don't forget to put a washer on each end.

I have a Kawasaki GPZ 400, which has been stood for 13 months, no test or tax..

It as been kept in a garage, so not exposed to the elements. Overall condition is very good but it needs a new battery, some new petrol and a tinker to get it back into serviceable condition.

Colour is black, new tyres and every thing is there to complete as a project. All paper work is with the bike and so is the original manual.

Genuine sale.

£195.

You will need a van or trailer to take it away.